[H]ard|Gawd
Heres my current and proposed setup

scan.jpg

Network A info:

Default gateway (Untangle internal IP) 10.0.0.1

WAP device IP: 10.0.0.2

DHCP range is 10.0.0.101-130

DHCP and DNS are provided by Untangle

Basically what I am looking to do is set up a separate network (Network B) in a different IP range, like 192.168.0.0 range, that is able to access the internet through Untangle. My Win2K3 server will provide DHCP for network B. I do NOT want network A to be able to access network B and vice versa. What do I need to do to get internet access to network B.

Note: All the hardware and cabling is set up, basically I am curious what needs to be configured in Untangle for this to happen, if even possible...

I'm no Untangle Expert but this is certainly possible. All you need is another NIC in your Untangle box with an IP address in Network B's range, set it as the Defautl GW for that network and setup your firewall and routing rules to prevent the two networks from communicating with each other. The many Untangle Guru's around here can give you specifics but what you're looking for is pretty easy and shouldn't be a problem to setup.

Does the untangle box have an extra nic open? I'm not one of the untangle gurus I prefer pfsense myself. Just out of curiosity why the win box for dhcp? If Untagle is similar to the other flavors of linux / bsd router / firewalls you should be able to have it do your dhcp for you.

Does the untangle box have an extra nic open? I'm not one of the untangle gurus I prefer pfsense myself. Just out of curiosity why the win box for dhcp? If Untagle is similar to the other flavors of linux / bsd router / firewalls you should be able to have it do your dhcp for you.

When you have a domain controller it's generally desired to have it run DHCP, keeps things tighter with clients, DNS, etc.

The cheaper way to do it would be to get another NIC card.

Or you could just use one switch and use VLANs, but you'd need a switch that supports it.

Back