• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Multiple IP's on Router

Clevich

Weaksauce
Joined
Oct 22, 2005
Messages
120
I currently have 5 IP's through my ISP. I'd like to allocate and route them to specific clients under the network. So... 1 IP routed to a server, while another IP is shared by 5 clients, and another ip goes somewhere else... etc etc. Would a commercial grade router (around $100 - $300) do it specifically or should I be looking for something else? Links to routers that do this please! Thanks!
 
Could you provide some additional information about how this is done and what exactly your provider is going to supply to you? While I can think of two distinctly different scenarios both would be able to do what you want.
 
I know for a fact our Cisco PIX firewalls do this for us. I bet you can do it on the routers as well. As for Linksys, I doubt it. Might want to look into Netopia. They have a nice command based configuration simular to Cisco IOS along with there menu based configuration.
 
I'm not too familiar with networking to begin with, so bear with me. From my understanding we get an uplink in our office that supplies us with 5 ip's that we can allocate throughout the office space. I need to route 1 of those IP's to a server, 1 IP to a wireless node which provides locals with free wifi, and the rest of the IP's distributed amongst the employees (1 IP would be fine). Right now were running off a switch which goes to the airport express (which distributes our INHOUSE wifi), and the free wifi device.
 
Back
Top