Multiple hard drive configuration help needed...pppplease

BoBoish

Weaksauce
Okay, so I've got a couple Maxtor SATA 80 GB 8MB cache hard that I want to use on my Asus A7N8X deluxe motherboard in RAID, as a second hard drive. My main drive will remain the PATA Maxtor 60 GB 2MB cache.

I will keep Windows on the main drive, along with Microsoft Word, which I use for work. I work with a lot of small Word files during the day, and generally have 8-9 programs running at the same time.

Mainly, I was thinking of using the RAID setup for games (loading times) and to store all of the Word files after I'm done with them. Should I also put some of the other programs I use on the RAID setup?...or leave them on the main drive? Any other tips?

UPDATE:
Okay, so I've got the drives physically installed and set up. When I'm booting up, I get the SATA boot screen and go in to set up the RAID. I set it up for stripe and automatic...right? I then went into Windows and it did not show up under My Computer. I then went into Disk Management and partitioned and formatted the new drives....However, it showed up as 160 GB instead of 80 GB and partitioned and formatted the whole thing as one giant drive. Afterwards, it showed up on my computer as a 160 GB single drive....Shouldn't it be showing up as a single 80GB drive?

I'm lost. I just want to set the RAID as a second drive so that my games are faster. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here. Any help, tips?

Thanks,
Bo.

Back