Multiple GMail Account Connundrum

seancky2

Limp Gawd
This is the beset section of the forum I could think of, so sorry if it is a bit off topic.

My problem is this. I have 3 GMail accounts - one for school (an iu.umail.edu), one for my business and a personal. Right now I have my personal one tied to both my school and business one. I get and send all emails fine, no problem there. But my problem is that when I actually respond to an email, say from my business account, the email is sent with the address of the personal address. Is there any way to set it up so when you are responding from a certain account it will use that particular email address? I hope I was clear, it is a bit hard to explain.

I know thunderbird does this, and I have it synced with my school and gmail accounts which are both Imap

are you doing this through gmail's web client or something like outlook. if you have one of the gmail accounts set up to get the other 2 accounts in gmail's settings -> accounts and imports, it says "send mail as:" and has 2 options for "when receiving a message" to either "reply from the address the message was sent to" or "reply from default address"

no software needed. what tim_m said. goto setting->accounts and import, then add the additional addresses you want to send from in the send mail as section. once you add a 2nd address you'll have a radio button option for how to default where to send from.

when you compose/reply you can also override the radio button setting.

I have 1 gmail account that consolidates 5 e-mail accounts into 1.

bird's correct. You can send e-mail from any address you have access to from within Gmail as an alternate send-from address. Follow the steps and you're golden.

Back