Multiple City Shots with Different Conditions?

Gamefreak99

Weaksauce
Had an idea today for a little foolery:

The idea is to collect many different images taken from the same spot at different times of day, during different seasons, with different weather. Then, one could hack together a program that would synch with their system clock and a weather site to set their desktop wallpaper as the image that most matches the current conditions.

Problem is finding a bunch of different shots of the same place from the same spot in a high enough resoltuion. Anyone know of a place one might find said pictures?

Thanks!
GF
happy to share my results when i finish this project!

I dont know of any might be able to edit some in photoshop though, or you could wait a year before you even start your project ;)

Ill see what i can do in PS

That'd be cool.

I spent around 20 minutes Googling to see if I could find some art project that had done what I was looking for to no avail :-/

That sounds like a really neat idea, but you would have to have a camera setup on a tripod just sitting there for a few months in a year, taking multiple pictures throughout the day, but it would be pretty sweet in the end...

Cool stuff!

Your work gave me an idea: what if we were to do some captures from a game with variable night/day and weather (Oblivion maybe?). With some console hacking it might be easy as pie...?

Back