Multiple BIN images on one DVD?

cuemasterfl

Supreme [H]ardness
I have 7 CD images in .bin format. How do I put them all on one DVD so that the DVD recognizes the images when installing, and doesn't ask for CDs?

icemochalatte said:
Try mounting the images as CD-ROM drives using Alcohol 120%.

Yeah I did that, but at some point I want to put the 7 BIN images on a DVD.

look into bootscript, I think thats allows for this. I think it's what ultimate boot cd uses.

cuemasterfl said:
Yeah I did that, but at some point I want to put the 7 BIN images on a DVD.

so copy the files from each mounted image to a new folder, cd 1, cd 2, cd3... and burn the folders to the dvd. This of course depends on the space required by each. That would at least eliminate the need to pop the cds in and out of the drive.

Some games can be rigged to work as a DVD I believe.

Just mount all the images and copy everything off the CD's into one folder on your HDD. When you're done burn the contents of that folder to a DVD. I've heard of this working before from some friends, but I'm not sure if they were using purchased games or pirated games.

I've always meant to try it but never got around to it. Why don't you try it and let me know. :p

This is how someone converted Doom 3 to DVD on the AfterDawn forums. Don't know if it necessarily applies but someone might find it useful:

To get the Orca package goto:
http://www.microsoft.com/msdownload/platformsdk/sdkupdate/
[I installed the Windows 2003 Server SDK, and installed everything, although I suspect only the "Core" or "XP SP2" SDK's will have the required next step]

To install the Orca package:
You will then have to goto your SDK install directory, and run the bin\orca.msi file (defaults to C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDK\Bin\Orca.msi). This will add Orca to your Start Menu, and give a right-click option for *.msi files - "Edit with Orca".

I could not get the DVD-backup method of changing the index and deleting the extra lines as instructed by D3xblade to work, so instead I changed each lines VolumeLabel == DOOM3_1:

Directions:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. you will firstly need an MSI editing tool, I recommend using Orca, just search for it under google.

2. Make a folder on your desktop and name it Doom 3 for e.g, then insert your doom 3 cd 1 into your cd drive and quit the popup screen you get.

3. Go to my computer then right click on the cd drive which contains doom 3, and select explore. Next left click and drag over everything in that directory you are in and then right click and select copy.

4. Go to your directory on your desktop you have created and right click inside it and select paste, now allow the files to be copied to that directory. Should take about 7 mins.

5. Now take out doom 3 cd 1, and insert doom 3 cd 2. As before quit the popup you get and go to the drive as we did before but this time find setup\data\base directory on the cd and copy pak000.pk4 and pak001.pk4 and paste them in the base directory of your desktop directory you created.

6. Basically we next insert cd 3 and do the same procedure as above, NOTE:that we must copy pak003.pk4 and pak004.pk4 and copy them in our desktop directory of the base directory with the other pak files that are in there.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Follow D3xBlades instructions steps 1 thru 6 (copying doom3 cd1 to a folder, copying from cds 2 and 3 \setup\data\base\*.pk4 into backup \setup\data\base folder - leaving 6 files in that folder: game00.pk4 and pak000.pk4 thru pak004.pk4)

2. Open backupfolder\Doom 3.msi (you can open it by right clicking on it and selecting "edit with orca").

3. From the "Tables" column (left side) select "Media". The right side of the window should now display several columns. Mine was as follows:

DiskId | LastSequence | DiskPrompt | Cabinet | VolumeLabel | Source

My values were:

1 | 76 | DOOM 3 Disk 1 | empty | DOOM3_1 | empty
2 | 90 | DOOM 3 Disk 2 | empty | DOOM3_2 | empty
3 | 104 | DOOM 3 Disk 3 | empty | DOOM3_3 | empty
1 | 105 | DOOM 3 Disk 1 | empty | DOOM3_1 | empty

4. I changed each VolumeLabel value to be the same "DOOM3_1" and left all other values alone. When finished it looked like:

1 | 76 | DOOM 3 Disk 1 | empty | DOOM3_1 | empty
2 | 90 | DOOM 3 Disk 2 | empty | DOOM3_1 | empty
3 | 104 | DOOM 3 Disk 3 | empty | DOOM3_1 | empty
1 | 105 | DOOM 3 Disk 1 | empty | DOOM3_1 | empty

5. Finally, because I am running Windows 2003 Server as my desktop I needed to change another setting to let it install. From the "Tables" column (left side) select "LaunchCondition". The right side of the window should now display two columns: Condition | Description

My value for condition was:

(Not Version9X=400) And (Not VersionNT=400) And (Not VersionNT=502)

6. I changed the VersionNT value to equal 510 (randomly choosen):

(Not Version9X=400) And (Not VersionNT=400) And (Not VersionNT=510)

7. Save, Burn, Install, and enjoy.

Back