Multimon setup with only one monitor for gaming

rampantandroid

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi all,

I've got a new AW2310 to replace my aging VX2025, and my viewsonic still works fine, so I figured I'd use the second output on my GTX580 for the viewsonic - giving me one monitor for my game to be on (the alienware) and the second for an IM client, media player, cheat sheet for a LoL build - etc.

However, when playing in BC2, the second monitor went black for a while, and was finally replaced by my desktop - however no frames of my desktop were being painted; it was just a SINGLE frame of my desktop being displayed. At some point while playing, Windows wanted to change my theme because it thought my performance was bad (I suspect it wanted to kill Aero) which I declined.

How do I get Windows/nVidia drivers to render both the desktop AND the game simultaneously?

Thanks!

This behavior only happens with DX11 games too, it sucks. I have the same problem with BF:BC2 and Dirt 2.

I'm able to game and have my web/mail open on 2 other monitors at the same. However, if I move the mouse over to use the browser or email, most games automatically minimize to desktop.

I don't have any trouble with a game on one monitor (full screen) and other apps on the other.

Back