Multifunction Printer

QKSILVR73

Limp Gawd
I know this is forum is mainly for PC's. But I am looking at replacing my very old printer and scanner with one of those multifunction printer/scanner/fax/photo jobbies.

Does anyone have and experience with these? I do take pictures and would like to print out photos like you would get via a photo developer. I am not overly concerned with the scanner as my old on only does 600dpi as it is now.

I like the auto document feed types..

Thanks

Jason

Tough question. I'd stay away from HP. Their quality has nose-dived in recent years. I have a Canon Pixma MP530 that excellent... when it works. I'm on my fourth one in less than a year. Canon is good about replacing them. All you have to do is fill out an online form via their website. Canon will ship a replacement (refurbished) and pick up the defective unit all at no charge. Still, there's no reason to have to go through four of these things in one year. Come November, my warranty expires so I'll be buying something else if my current MP530 fails.

I agree, HP has gotten pretty bad. We had an HP that died within 2 years. Now we have a Brother all-in-one (I forget the exact model) that's been holding up well. The only problem is that if you leave it on all the time, it will clean the nozzles everyday, so it will waste all the ink even if you never use it... We had to attach it to a power strip and then shut that off when we weren't using it. :rolleyes: Other than that it's great though!

I would recommend the Canon MP series.
Reliable and does a good job.

I would recommend the Canon MP series.
Reliable and does a good job.

Tough question. I'd stay away from HP. Their quality has nose-dived in recent years. I have a Canon Pixma MP530 that excellent... when it works. I'm on my fourth one in less than a year. Canon is good about replacing them. All you have to do is fill out an online form via their website. Canon will ship a replacement (refurbished) and pick up the defective unit all at no charge. Still, there's no reason to have to go through four of these things in one year. Come November, my warranty expires so I'll be buying something else if my current MP530 fails.

Hmmm...

I have family that works for HP, so I should probably recommend them, but I won't. Personally, I print so rarely that I had to buy new ink cartridges every time I wanted to print something. That is, when I still owned a printer. I haven't had one in years.

Back