Multifunction front panels - do they ALL suck?

Specifically, I've been looking for a 5.25" front panel with USB, card reader, maybe some fan control, etc.

Generally, I haven't been able to find a single 3.5" or 5.25" multi-function panel that appears anywhere near decent. Looking around on newegg, for example, the only front panels that have decent reviews are silverstone 3.5" panels with USB, Firewire and audio. That's it. Everything else seems to suck.

There's a 5.25" 'Superpanel' that's being relabelled and sold by several different companies that looks like what I want, but all the cables are pass-through, which is retarded. There's a similar front panel with motherboard connections that beeps annoyingly. All of the above have temp./fan control issues.

All the reviews say 'spend more money, you get what you pay for' but then when you look for more expensive panels, the reviews only get worse.

So what the hell? Why can't anyone get this crap right? If I want fancy fan/temp control, I'll go to Crystalfontz. Where do I go if I just want a USB port / card reader?

Aerocool makes one like you want. Check SVC for it. It fits in 2 full bays, has a lrge round display in the middle, has a card reader, USB, etc...

I used an older one in a build about a year ago, and I really like it. Except for the Aerosaurus.

Yeah, that's the one that got the crappiest reviews in my previous post. $70 and all people do is complain. And that dinosaur is NOT going on my case.

However, the Aerocool coolpanel 2 looks like it might be pretty decent. Meh.

I didn't view your links thats why I didn't notice.

I was very happy with the earlier version of that same panel that uses the same display. I'll have to look at the reviews and see why they scored so low.

That's why I never put one in my case.
All the ones I've seen suck.

I want a front-panel with time and tempature, moon phase, current gas prices for my state,
computer uptime, attempted hacks, Bush joke of the day,fan controls, etc.

All all this for $50

Back