• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Multiface and Win 7 x64 getting sound problem.

kopekci

n00b
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
56
Multiface and Win 7 x64 getting sound problem:

Hi,
I bought new computer and I move from Vista 32 bit to Win 7 64 bit.
I installed all the up to date drivers. However, I couldn't manage to get any sound from multiface output. I try to choose Windows-->Control panel --> Sound --> Any of RME Hammerfall DSP (Spdif, adat etc) and test it, I get this error:
"The device is being used by another application. Please close any devices thet are playing audio to this device and then try again"

However, I just re-install windows and not using any application at all.

So what should I do to get windows audio from the RME Multiface?

I did flash update "succesfull" after that I shut down and power off the computer about minute.
This is the error that I get:
http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/5918/rme.jpg

Hope it will help.
There are onboard soundcard installed and I connect its optical output to RME Multface's input, it works great. So multiface's optical input is working, I couldn't manage to get direct output from MF yet.

My system setup is:
Gigabyte X58A-UDR3 motherboard (Revision 2.0)
Core i7 960 CPU
2TB Seagate XT Sata 3 Drive
nVidia GT460 GPU
Windows 7 64 bit


When I click DSP and Mixer icons on taskbar. They bring up, and it seens everything is OK.
RME Frimware revision is 55.

All the best
 
Back
Top