Multiboot Windows XP and Linux Redhat

baldyguy

Limp Gawd
I have two hard drives. I want to have Windows XP on one hard drive and Linux Redhat on the second. It it possible to Multiboot these two OS's with two seperate hard drives?

In my universities computer lab, all the machine have dual but with xp and linux red hat. They only use a single harddrive, so with two it seems to be easier...

yeah, as long as the boot manager knows where they are, there should be no problems.

Which one should I make master and which one should I make slave in terms of XP and Linux?

i would make the master whichever one you will use more. it seems completely arbitrary to me but you have to choose something. also in question is which bootloader to use, xp's or redhat's (lilo/grub)

definately use the Linux bootloader, be it Lilo or Grub, it's written to support different OSes, all XPs bootloader is designed to recognize is different versions of Windows.

As for the Master/Slave thing, it really isn't going to matter as long as one OS isn't going acessing (much) the data on the other's drive; even then it's not too important.

Back