Multi-WAN config possible with 3 networks?

I have 3 ISP's DSL, Cable & Cellular. They will be running through a pfsense box (or some other router flavor) with load balancing and fail-over setup.

What I would like to do is have a network on the DSL, a network on the cable and a network with load balancing hooked to the router of the cable & DSL network. I have a diagram below. I want to know if there is anything I need to watch out for in this setup as I'm used to hooking my pfsense box directly to the modem, not another router.

network111.png

You're going to have a mess with double NAT and port translations if you need to do any.

your 3 outside links should come into 1 device - pfsense. no need for the other two routers. then switches connect on the inside interfaces of pfsense. you will also need to setup traffic shaping.

Like QwertyJuan said,

I have the http://www.tp-link.com/en/products/details/?model=TL-R470T+ and 3 wan connections (ADSL + 2 cables) and work perfectly.

When using for torrents, the 3 connections really are used and their speeds aggregates.

Also, i use the google dns ip to check if the link is REALLY online, and if it isnt, the router automatically stop using it.

The DynamicDNS works really well too, i´ve never been offline in the last 2 years.

Works really well and its awesome for the price.

I tried to do this setup with Pfsense but the mess it creates (because the gateway of the internal network of Cables are the same) dont really work.

Last edited:
Like QwertyJuan said,

I have the http://www.tp-link.com/en/products/details/?model=TL-R470T+ and 3 wan connections (ADSL + 2 cables) and work perfectly.

When using for torrents, the 3 connections really are used and their speeds aggregates.

Also, i use the google dns ip to check if the link is REALLY online, and if it isnt, the router automatically stop using it.

The DynamicDNS works really well too, i´ve never been offline in the last 2 years.

Works really well and its awesome for the price.

I tried to do this setup with Pfsense but the mess it creates (because the gateway of the internal network of Cables are the same) dont really work.

I agree... I've played with pfsense and ClearOS(as well as Smoothwall and IPCop)... while I could get both to do what I wanted(Multi-Wan), for a small business or for home use I would def, recommend the TPLink or Peplink units... once setup they just work. You don't have to worry about the power going out and having to reboot the things, etc...

Back