Multi-Drive external enclosures

NulloModo

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Dec 16, 2002
Messages
4,602
Are there multi-drive external firewire/USB 2.0 enclosures? I'd like to add either two or four 300/320 gig drives to my system (Seems to be the best bang for the buck right now) but I don't have enough space inside, and I am out of IDE channels and PCI slots for a new controller card.

I figure external drives are the way to go, since I have both firewire (400) and USB 2.0. However, all of the external enclosures I seem to find are for one drive. Does anyone make a 2 or 4 drive external enclosure so that I Could just toss all of the drives in and have them show up as one big one? Sort of like a RAID0 array even if no actual striping took place? Thanks.
 
They exist (example) but are very expensive for what you get. It's a lot cheaper to buy a bigger case or a wider controller card or a motherboard with more PCI slots and use that.

 
Back
Top