Multi Display question?

Mehphisto

Weaksauce
So my main monitor is a Hanns-G 28" Model#HG281D.
My question is, what size monitors would best fit in a triple setup? like the PLP that I see people using two smaller (19 - 20 inch) monitors on either side of a bigger one.

Currently my two side monitors are mismatched 22" wide screen displays and I dislike how they look. I really like when people have the two smaller monitors on each side but I am not sure how to figure it out to buy the right size.

Thanks and sorry if I posted this in wrong section... I rarely post here.

Look in the Show your LCD setup or whatever its called at the top, sticky. Its a good source you can see pages of these setups. Most people posted the models and sizes in the pictured setups.

I have looked in there and haven't seen anyone with a hanns-g and the setup I am after.

Maybe something like 19" 5:4 LCDs, running at 1280x1024. There are no perfect side monitors for your display, really.

Most of the setups you've seen will be a 30" (16:10 2560x1600) central screen, with 20" (4:3 1600x1200) side monitors in portrait.

Someone does have a 27" (16:9 2560x1440) setup with 1440x900 side monitors, but the side monitors are TN which usually don't work too well in portrait. Something you'd have to be wary of if you went down this route too with side 5:4 displays.

If you want to game with a PLP system you ought to know that it's not supported with eyefinity or surround yet. With SoftTH you can get some titles to work, but only in windowed mode stretched across the three monitors.

dude, I have the exact same monitor! and I'm about to purchase 2x 2209wa (which is not exact, it will be .5" too wide for it to sit perfectly in portrait mode

I plan to upgrade the Hannsg to a better one in the future, though.

If you want to game with a PLP system you ought to know that it's not supported with eyefinity or surround yet. With SoftTH you can get some titles to work, but only in windowed mode stretched across the three monitors.

+1

PLP not supported in eyefinity as of yet You can write amd and see if they have any plans to implement that.

Back