Multi Dell 2001fp goodness (pic)

Zardoz

2[H]4U
I got my LCDs Friday, and got them setup today... all I can say is WOW!

desktop.jpg

Nice. I love mine (but only have one with a 19" FD as the other). Are they connected to the 6800? If so, do you have your desktop set up as two distinct desktops or do you have it spanned?

BigBadBiologist said:
Nice. I love mine (but only have one with a 19" FD as the other). Are they connected to the 6800? If so, do you have your desktop set up as two distinct desktops or do you have it spanned?

yes they are on the 6800GT, but they are not spanned, although I can switch ez...

BigBadBiologist said:
so your desktop pic (background) is really 2 different pics?

nope, 1 pic 3200x1200 put the desktop position in tile mode...

nice setup. did you get those for 640 each? damn cheap either way.
how do games look on it? do they stretch across both? if not, what can be done with the other monitor?

Nice setup you have there, I wish I could afford just one of those, oh well long live my 17 inch lcd screen.

are you running one on vga and the other on dvi...

if so, do you notice any differences?

color?
is therre a distinct color differentiation (out of the box)?
text?
sharpness?
etc.

I plan on getting a pair of those as well, but im limited on getting a decent NVIDIA video card with Dual DVI for smooth play on the latest games like HL:2 and Doom3 and for graphic work.

XFX 6800nu/GT/U
6800GT/U Gainward Golden sample
and I think all the 6800U's have dual dvi, if not most. But I dont have enough money to buy an ultra

Anyway, your opinion on the differences might help me decide whether I should stick to getting a dual dvi card, or 'hopefully' save myself some money by purchasing a VGA/DVI card like a BFG 6800 OC.

Thanks so much in advance.

griever2004 said:
are you running one on vga and the other on dvi...

if so, do you notice any differences?

color?
is therre a distinct color differentiation (out of the box)?
text?
sharpness?
etc.

I plan on getting a pair of those as well, but im limited on getting a decent NVIDIA video card with Dual DVI for smooth play on the latest games like HL:2 and Doom3 and for graphic work.

XFX 6800nu/GT/U
6800GT/U Gainward Golden sample
and I think all the 6800U's have dual dvi, if not most. But I dont have enough money to buy an ultra

Anyway, your opinion on the differences might help me decide whether I should stick to getting a dual dvi card, or 'hopefully' save myself some money by purchasing a VGA/DVI card like a BFG 6800 OC.

Thanks so much in advance.

I do have one running on DVI (digital) and the other is on the d-sub (analog) there is a differents. The digital one looks sharper and you can say more aureate looking. I have tried to mach the analog one as much as I can using the forceware color correction and monitor controls. It's not bad, but if your looking for it you can see it. I think dual DVI would be the way to go. but if you was not able to do that, I would not let itbother you...

Zardoz said:
I do have one running on DVI (digital) and the other is on the d-sub (analog) there is a differents. The digital one looks sharper and you can say more aureate looking. I have tried to mach the analog one as much as I can using the forceware color correction and monitor controls. It's not bad, but if your looking for it you can see it. I think dual DVI would be the way to go. but if you was not able to do that, I would not let itbother you...

you could get a dvi splitter box; fairly expensive but i think it would do the trick

Hmm..Splitter box? wouldn't that just give you the same image on both monitors? I was thinking about getting DVI/KVM switch, but they are expensive, about $250 for 4 port.

jonavin said:
Hmm..Splitter box? wouldn't that just give you the same image on both monitors? I was thinking about getting DVI/KVM switch, but they are expensive, about $250 for 4 port.

why would you need a splitter or even a KVM for a dual monitor setup?

firey-eyez said:
pretty much what it sounds like itd do..splits the dvi into 2 or more outputs depending on what kind you get.

ok, but why would I want the same image on 2 monitors?

xfx makes dual dvi out 6800 cards

I'm getting one for my dual vp171b setup

as a follow up to my post...I was looking for who made the dual LCD stand I used.

It was an Ergotron, and can be found here

Also, download the program "dualmon". Very nice for running 2 screens

Back