Multi-CCFL kit question

Ok, I just bought 1 of these sound control units thinking I could hook up 4 CCFLs directly into it because it says control up to 4 CCFLs, but upon looking at it all it has is a molex connector to connect to another kit. Now my question is would I be able to hook up 2 Logisys 12" CCFL kits each with 2 bulbs to 1 of the modules I bought and setting them to "on" instead of "flash" and having all 4 bulbs from 2 kits blink at the same time. That is my goal, to have all 4 bulbs blink simultaneously instead of trying to make 2 different boxes have the same sensitivity so they will blink together.

Ok well since no one here seems to know I went ahead and ordered the stuff hoping someone would reply in that time but it came and works in case anyone wants to know.

Glad you replied back since I was about to post something similar. I want to drive 3 CCFL fans from a single switch, but didn't know if each required their own switch or I could chain them across the same switch to control all three with a single switch.

Based on what you've said (but referrring to a sound controller instead of a switch), I'm going to guess that I can do it. (fingers crossed)

Sorry I can't answer your question about wiring 4 CCFL's to one switch.
Have you hooked the CCFL's up yet? I'm interesting in buying one of these switches for a 12v led set up. I was wondering how well the "sound reaction" works.

Ok, I just bought 1 of these sound control units thinking I could hook up 4 CCFLs directly into it because it says control up to 4 CCFLs, but upon looking at it all it has is a molex connector to connect to another kit. Now my question is would I be able to hook up 2 Logisys 12" CCFL kits each with 2 bulbs to 1 of the modules I bought and setting them to "on" instead of "flash" and having all 4 bulbs from 2 kits blink at the same time. That is my goal, to have all 4 bulbs blink simultaneously instead of trying to make 2 different boxes have the same sensitivity so they will blink together.

from what i see in the pic i would suspect that flasher unit pulses the power inverters for the ccfl's witch means everything "should flash in unison" ....... if this isn't the case you can fix it but it would require some math and a capacitor.......

dugn said:
Glad you replied back since I was about to post something similar. I want to drive 3 CCFL fans from a single switch, but didn't know if each required their own switch or I could chain them across the same switch to control all three with a single switch.

Based on what you've said (but referrring to a sound controller instead of a switch), I'm going to guess that I can do it. (fingers crossed)

in short yes.... BUT make sure the switch can handle the current of the three ccfl units!!! if the fans are the fans like this. you will find that you have two ccfl plugs on each inverter block so you will be taking two inverter blocks and using a common on/off switch. "just solder the leads from one and add them to the other...."

Back