• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Mulitple Displays or SLi

Pegesus

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 9, 2003
Messages
304
If you had to choose between running multiple displays or running SLi what would you choose?

Here's my scenario:

I need at least 2 displays for working. 3 would be nice but not required. I have 2 computers 1 for work and 1 for gaming. The gaming one has Dual 7950's my thoughts were simple i have 3- 20.1" BenQ's i was going to just connect all 3 to 1 computer and use for both work and gaming. However i lose SLi capabilities by doing this. My other option is to simple run 2 systems again and use 1 monitor on the gaming and run SLi and use 2 on the work computer.

If you had this scenario what would you do?
 
I have a similar setup to this and why not do what I do. I have a 20" widescreen in the center with 2 17" on the sides.

I've got a 7800GT in SLI. The center monitor is hooked up to the first video card and side two are plugged into the 2 DVI slots on the second card. When I want to game, I turn SLI on and the two side monitors turn off and the main monitor goes into SLI. When I'm on desktop mode, I turn SLI off and all monitors are on and working.
 
Heh funny right before i saw your post i figured that was an option for me. I'm kinda insane about having to take an extra step to get to gaming and sli, but this isn't that bad.

I was also looking forward to gaming across 3 monitors but that is not the end of the world and i guess to do this in SLi i'd need to invest in the Quadro's and i'm not going to do that at this moment.

thanks for the input
 
My opinion is that multiple monitors beats out sli as far as productivity goes. I would much rather run two than one monitor.
 
depends if you game more then you dont game


i can settle for lower FPS to have multiple monitors for everything, games / work
 
Aye and i was going from having a x800 video card to a 7950 with 512mb. So its a nice increase just there alone. If i really start getting into those graphically intense games i can always convert back to SLi. I am eager to see some games spanned across 3 monitors.
 
^^^ exactly, with the monitor set up above described, it is easy to just turn SLI on when you want to game, i couldnt see myself turning on SLI unless i was going to game for a few hours, ya, i am lazy.
 
Back
Top