Much nicer Vista install

So I swapped my board/chip combo from an AMD X2 4600 and ASUS A8N-E to an Intel C2D E6600 and Gigabyte 965.

A few things I noticed:

1. I didn't have to baby sit the install. Everything restarted when it was supposed to with out any hangs at all.

2. No Conflicts. All hardware is getting along and I don't have to swap cards in slots to get them to cooperate.

3. No BSODs anywhere. This goes along with number 2 I suppose. I had driver conflicts that would cause a BSOD every one in a while. Might have had to do with hardware though.

Good combo to run for Vista. Here is my new specs:

MS Windows Vista Ultimate
Intel C2D E6600 (stock for now)
Gigabyte GA-G965-DS3
2GB OCZ (2x1GB) PC6400
ATI X1950 Pro
Sony DVD ROM
Plextor PX-755 SATA DVD burner
Creative X-Fi Gamer
ATI Theater 650
Adaptec USB/1394 card

I had the same experience with my recent Vista 64bit install on the rig in my sig..;)

How is your X-fi doing? Mine has been nothing but trouble in Vista.

I installed Vista Home Premium Upgrade on an old box I had yesterday. Did a low level format on the HDD and popped the install disk in, opted for a clean install, and Vista installed on a clean drive without a hitch. It is activated and upgraded, smooth as silk :cool:

My X-Fi so far has been good. However, I am eager to see if the crackles come back if I go back up to 4GB of RAM. I don't know if that was just an NForce issue or if it universal.

Back