MSP - Online Backups?

marley1

Supreme [H]ardness
So what are people using?

We have used Mozy, Intronis and now Nine Technology.

So have about 100-200 users, 1+ TB. Nine is being discontinued.

Need some ideas.

We offer several tiers to our clients.

Entry level...JungleDisk. Cost is very cheap, so make decent amount. Use for clients with small simple networks...pretty much just basic data backup.

Mid-range...Intronis. Good support, local people (New England..MA). Product works OK...kinda pokey. Does branding but TBH I don't give a rats arse about branding.

Top Tier...The cadillac of high end BDR/Business Continuity...DattoBackup. Our favorite package, wicked cool features, great support (local people too...in New England...CT). I wish every client of ours was on this...it's such a reliable simple fast to restore product. Just a few weeks ago I was out working on an island......client on mainland called, needed a few folders restored in their accounting software..she wasn't sure which day to bounce back to. I remoted in...restored first day...data wasn't right...restored 2 days ago...data wasn't right...restored 3 days ago...it worked for her. All in less than 15 minutes...3 file restores from different days. Remotely. From a skinny connection. Had a meeting with 2 of their guys last week...they have some cool features coming up too.

Brian I use Datto as well, swapped from Axcient after some beef with support.

This is more for smaller clients. I dont want to have to manage 3 different providers.

Crashplan looks good however can't backup open files or databases. So gotta see what we can do.

Vembu looks interesting but India support.

More looking for something like $50 year unlimited data for home users then pay per gig for business

Waiting on crashplan to call have to see

More looking for something like $50 year unlimited data for home users then pay per gig for business

Oh....
Honestly..I'd let home users do that themselves. Not worth our time to do anything less than 30 bucks per month. We monitor it..daily logs sent to us, fix/address issues as necessary included in it....that's what the end user gets. They can totally relax and not worry about their backups. We send digests of the backup each month so they can keep a finger on the pulse of it.

Anything less than 20 bucks a month, I'd not want to be bothered, I don't want to volunteer my time each morning having their logs fill up my inbox each day. And to add to our office manager girls time in dealing with invoicing/billls? For that little money? I ain't retired...yet....I still want money for my time. 50 bucks a year...or 30 bucks a year...let home users go out on their own and deal with Habu in India.

Nah I want to get that myself and then charge our pricing. But pay per gb is a paint with the small users requires constant tracking

Nah I want to get that myself and then charge our pricing. But pay per gb is a paint with the small users requires constant tracking

We break into levels...
30 gigs
40 gigs
60 gigs
100 gigs
etc etc.

We don't track or invoice "per gig" at all...agree...huge time waster for you. Pick a package that your client should fit in....involves some forecasting to predict where they'll be in 6 months or so.

Back