MSN Problems

sdilley14

Gawd
Ok, so ever since getting my PowerBook, I've been having a problem with my MSN. Basically, I have several contacts who just won't show up online anymore. I know they're online, I still have them on my contact list, but they won't show up online and they don't see me online. Also, it won't update my contacts names and it won't save my own name whenever I change it....I.E. I change my name from "Shane" to "sdilley", then log off, and when I log back on, my name is back to "Shane". Anyone else have this problem or have any idea how to fix it? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Are you using the official MSN client? Do you mind using a third party client such as Adium? Give Adium a try and see if the problem still persists.

I use the official MSN client and Adium and I have the same problem with both. I can not for the life of me figure out what it is!! lol

Try to change it on a Windows machine with the newest version of MSN. Make your changes, save and jump over to your PowerBook, with Adium. Then check to see if that solves your problem. Kinda of a backass way but that's worth a try.

Ok, so I deleted a few people off my list, re-added them, and now they can see me online and I can see them online. Does it make since that my contact list got all messed up by switching from MSN 7.5 on my PC to MSN 5.1 on my PowerBook? One of my friends suggested that my contact list got screwed up from switching clients...which seems to be the only explaination to me. Although it seems weird since I was under the impression that my contact list was stored on some Microsoft server somewhere, not on my local machine.

I concur with synergy01...I have been using adium for a week now and it does EVERYTHING msn does...that coupled with the fact that I can use googletalk, aim, icq and msn (on top of other types if I decide to use other messengers) all on a single slick interface with no issues...I'm sold.

Plus I like the plugins. Can I hear a /chuck?

After much debate, President Truman decided to drop the atomic bomb on Hiroshima rather than the alternative of sending Chuck Norris. His reasoning? It was more 'humane'.

Back