MSN Messenger Being Blocked

Eshelon

Weaksauce
This is has been plagueing me for about 3 hours. I've been trying to find a good stable OC all day and during that time, during tests etc I've been re-installing all the software that I would normally have (just put windows on the system yesterday). All of the sudden my MSN Messenger is dead. When I try to connect it gives me the whole troubleshoot deal, which of course, detects that I should be able to connect to the service no problem. I've installed / uninstalled OneCare, I've also installed / uninstalled Windows Anti-spyware. Other programs I've installed / uninstalled in trying to figure out what's blocking it include, ATI Tools (I have no idea how this could relate but I uninstalled it anyways), Catylist control pannel. I've tried disabling all windows firewalls. No dice.

Any ideas?

Also I did NOT install the firewall utility that come with the DFI Board. Also, I'm having no problems with any other service (Yahoo, web browsing etc).

Edit: Also I have even tried putting myself in the DMZ, nothing between myself and the internet (as far as I know) so it's gotta be some piece of software doing the blocking. The only thing that I think could/would do it is OneCare but I've tried uninstalling it and it didn't help.

Back