MSI Z77IA-E53 Mini-ITX board

burekRSG

n00b
Still work in progress but looking good so far:

177a.jpg

"MSI is working on a new socket LGA1155 motherboard based on the Intel Z77 Express chipset, and some of its first pictures were leaked to the web. The Z77IA-E53 from MSI is designed not only to provide a feature-rich board in its tiny footprint, but also one that's fit for CPU overclocking. The LGA1155 socket is powered by a 7-phase VRM that uses DrMOS and tantalum capacitors. The board draws power from 24-pin ATX and 8-pin EPS power connectors. The processor is wired to two DDR3 DIMM slots, supporting up to 16 GB of dual-channel DDR3 memory, and a PCI-Express 3.0 x16 slot.

To make the most out of the limited board area, MSI stuck to the feature-set of the Z77 PCH. Storage connectivity includes two SATA 6 Gb/s, two SATA 3 Gb/s, an eSATA 3 Gb/s, and an mSATA 3 Gb/s. The mSATA slot shares its board space with an mPCIe 5 GT/s slot, which is stacked on top of it. The board provides four USB 3.0 ports, two on the rear panel, two via headers, all of which are driven by the Z77 PCH. Display outputs include D-Sub and HDMI. Other connectivity includes 6-channel HD audio (Realtek ALC892), gigabit Ethernet, and Bluetooth. The board is driven by UEFI BIOS with ClickBIOS II setup program. More details are awaited."

Source: http://www.techpowerup.com/169738/MSI-Z77IA-E53-Mini-ITX-Motherboard-Pictured.html

"The mSATA slot shares its board space with an mPCIe 5 GT/s slot, which is stacked on top of it"

Sweet

If the longer mSATA card sits below the shorter mPCIe card, how will the latter be secured to the board?

If the longer mSATA card sits below the shorter mPCIe card, how will the latter be secured to the board?

You can buy short mSATA cards but I think it might be a misprint or something.

Yeah, if you look at the board picture, the 30mm slot screw-down peg is shorter than the 50mm peg; my money Is on a translation error / typo

Decent board...would be nice though if the back I/O panel had more ports and less useful ones.

Other than a different brand, is there anything POSITIVE or BETTER about this board than something like the Asrock Z77E-ITX?

Hmm...not hating...just if a company is going to come out with a new product in the same design/price range as others I would prefer they have a uniqueness or something special. All I see with these new ITX boards over the Z77E-ITX are different component/port layouts and never anything NEW.

Oh well!

It's nice to see more brands build ITX boards -- it's a form factor I am very fond of. However, I wish they would follow the example of the DFI LanParty ITX or the to-be-released EVGA ITX i.e. not putting the socket so close to the PCI slot.

It's nice to see more brands build ITX boards -- it's a form factor I am very fond of. However, I wish they would follow the example of the DFI LanParty ITX or the to-be-released EVGA ITX i.e. not putting the socket so close to the PCI slot.
^
+1

mSata is 3GB/s? and doesn't look like it'll be very easy to mount. Also there's no Virtu, not that I'm convinced to use it. Otherwise it's a decent Z77 board I guess.

indeed, also the 'asus p8z77-i deluxe'

also, noctua are later bringing out offset low profile coolers that will fit any mini-itx without blocking the pci-e

Really? That's awesome news. Any idea when they'll be available?

http://www.msi.com/product/mb/Z77IA-E53.html#/?div=Detail

After looking at the pictures I'm not really sure how it works. Its obvious that they don't stack directly on top of each other on the same side as there is only one slot visible. Either its some type of either/or combo slot, the other slot faces away from the board, or one of them is under the board. :confused:

EDIT: I downloaded the Asia multi-lingual manual. Its an Either/Or slot, not a dual slot.

Last edited:
wow, that really sucks... oh well, asrock has everything I need anyway ;)

any other news on release date? Their website lists BIOS date of 8/8 and Utility software dated 9/27 but I get no shopping hits while searching.

My main reason for wanting this particular ITX is the NB spacing looks like watercooling won't require whacking any pins off or interfere with BIOS battery location.

Back