• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

msi x800xl problems

Joined
Jul 25, 2005
Messages
3
I just recently built my system for college. Everything is fine except my MSI x800xl vid card is screwy, there are horizontal scan line looking things running down my screen at regular intervals. It's mostly recognizable with a white backround, but I can see it at other times as well. I've tried different monitors and made sure there's no interference, so I'm pretty sure it's the vid card. Should i just RMA it?
 
Have you checked the refresh rate on the monitor (CRT should be 75+Hz, TFT should be 60+)?
 
RMA it, most likely has bad ram, if the symptom you're describing looks like what I'm thinking of.
 
Back
Top