• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

MSI Warranty Information?

MooN

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 14, 2005
Messages
150
Hi guys,

Just received a MSI GTX560Ti Hawk and was wondering about warranty processes. I've only had experience with EVGA cards and couldn't find information for MSI. Do I need to register the card on their site?
 
If you guys cant read, I dont think you should be on this site. He asked if you have to register, and no you do not. Warranty goes off original purchase date and proof of purchase.

I RMAd an MSI 6950 a month or so ago, it was a bit drawn out, but only because they ended up refunding my money as there were no more 6950s they could send me. Overall it was a good RMA
 
If you guys cant read, I dont think you should be on this site. He asked if you have to register, and no you do not. Warranty goes off original purchase date and proof of purchase.

I RMAd an MSI 6950 a month or so ago, it was a bit drawn out, but only because they ended up refunding my money as there were no more 6950s they could send me. Overall it was a good RMA

uhhh, that's why i linked their website because the op should be able to read for himself. :rolleyes:
 
If you guys cant read, I dont think you should be on this site.

Im guessing your talking to the OP, all he had to do was go to the MSI site because the very first paragrah on the registration site says this::rolleyes:



•Warranty registration
•Exclusive updates on promotions and events
•Quicker service and product support
•View your current registered MSI products

Dear MSI customer,
MSI strongly suggests our customers to register your products for quicker technical support and warranty service (including extended warranty). MSI product registration is voluntary; failure to register will not diminish your limited warranty rights.


If you live in the following country, please click the following links for MSI product registration.
USA : http://service.msicomputer.com/msi_user/productlogin.aspx
 
As far as I know, Asus, Gigabyte and MSI use the serial number of your product for warranty purposes.

http://us.msi.com/service/warranty/

The benefits of this is that you don't need to worry about proof of purchase, transfer of ownership, or registration. The negative is that your warranty period will be by manufacturing date, not purchase date.

Overall I actually prefer this over registration enabled lifetime warranties. But this could be just because of my purchasing and usage circumstances.
 
I haven't had to deal with them, but have read good things about their RMA process from people in Canada. I believe their Canadian RMA centre is in Richmond, so for folks in the lower mainland it's nice and close.
 
If you don't know how to search for warranty info., I don't think you should be on this site.:rolleyes:

Thank you for your helpful comment your highness, I thought this site was to get information and help.

I kept going to the Warranty Information link and didn't realize I had to be at Product Registration. Anyhow, thanks to the others for the information!
 
Thank you for your helpful comment your highness, I thought this site was to get information and help.

It is, but helping someone who's too lazy to even do a general search on the manufacturers website doesn't do anything but enable them to become lazier. So why not push them to look for themselves, so they realize its not that difficult. Registering a product for most people is common sense.
 
Last edited:
It is, but helping someone who's too lazy to even do a general search on the manufacturers website doesn't do anything but enable them to become lazier. So why not push them to look for themselves, so they realize its not that difficult. Registering a product for most people is common sense.

I kept going to the Warranty Information link and didn't realize I had to be at Product Registration. Anyhow, thanks to the others for the information!

While I am embarrased about overlooking the registration part and posting on an obvious topic, whats equally annoying is the self appointed forum police who feel compelled to post to teach the Internet a lesson. Next time a post makes you roll your eyes, how about you just... move along? Who knows, this thread might and probably will provide information for some folks.
 
As far as I know, Asus, Gigabyte and MSI use the serial number of your product for warranty purposes.

http://us.msi.com/service/warranty/

The benefits of this is that you don't need to worry about proof of purchase, transfer of ownership, or registration. The negative is that your warranty period will be by manufacturing date, not purchase date.

Overall I actually prefer this over registration enabled lifetime warranties. But this could be just because of my purchasing and usage circumstances.

This is correct you can even buy open box msi cards and they will still have warranty.
 
Back
Top