• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

MSI R9 290 Gaming?

LmeAde2

n00b
Joined
Jan 15, 2014
Messages
6
I'm looking at pulling the trigger on this MSI R9 290 Gaming on Amazon but it says it ships in 1-2 months.

Does anyone have experience with this? I really don't want to wait that long and wanted to know if it will probably ship sooner. The price is great and I can't seem to find one cheaper for an aftermarket R9 290 that is in stock.
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Amazon is usually pretty conservative with their shipping estimates. They don't charge until it ships, so you might as well lock in your spot. If you find a 290 before it ships it takes a second to cancel the order.
 
It's been available for pre-order for a week now, it started at 3-5 weeks I think, maybe sooner.
God knows how many people have ordered that card by now but I'd wager a lot. lol.

I don't think Amazon charges until the order is ready to ship so you can order it now and cancel it if you find something better.
 
I gotta say, I am damn glad that I paid $365 shipped for my 290 from NE..If you add in the extra $130 for the GPU block, I still think I came out on the better end of things compared to the aftermarket cards (granted, I already have a ~$700 WC loop)..

That is a sexy looking card though..would go awesome with a custom build that was red in theme..
 
Back
Top