MSI QD-OLED Monitors 2025

Armenius

Extremely [H]
Joined
Jan 28, 2014
Messages
54,659
MSI has revealed two new monitors for 2025 that will be shown at CES, utilizing DisplayPort 2.1a with UHBR20 (80 Gbps) to deliver the highest refresh rates without using DSC.

First up, MSI announces world's first 500 Hz OLED gaming monitor that is also the first to be certified to VESA's new ClearMR 21000 standard for motion clarity in monitors with a refresh rate above 480 Hz. The monitor has a native resolution of 2560x1440.

https://www.msi.com/Monitor/MPG-272QR-QD-OLED-X50/Overview
1735831953844.png


Next is the world's first 27" 4K OLED with a 240 Hz refresh rate. The monitor is certified to VESA's DisplayHDR True Black 400 and ClearMR 13000 standards.

https://www.msi.com/Monitor/MPG-272URX-QD-OLED
1735832361658.png
 
That 27" interests me if the color accuracy turns out to be true and if I can easily switch between standard and wide gaumuts. I know the pro monitor at work has a nice toggle. I wonder if something can be figured out on a software side to allow a general USB button to work?
 
I hope this means that both AMD's and NVIDIA's upcoming video cards will be providing full bandwidth DisplayPort 2.1 outputs.
 
I hope this means that both AMD's and NVIDIA's upcoming video cards will be providing full bandwidth DisplayPort 2.1 outputs.
I was thinking the same thing, reading the asus press release for these monitors this morning. I think This confirms that they will.
 
I want to say that the MSI 32 inch OLED is the best money I have ever spent in my life. The graphics, HDR, 4K, 240 Hz and QD panel is just fantastic. I also find the pixel refresher on this not as intrusive as ASUS plus the coating is better than ASUS which was a mirror finish and quite distracting compared to this which handles light well. I think I am good for a couple of years before I will be enticed to purchase something new.
 
In less than a year my AW2725DF always feels dated... Im fiending for that 500hz model.
OLED tech is evolving so fast.
 
Btw does anyone get VRR flicker on the MPG monitor? I am no longer getting flicker after the firmware and I noticed I turned on VRR and Gsync for quite a while. I also use FG.
 
Back
Top