• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

MSI P7N Diamond

I have been considering this motherboard, but when I do some research it says that the 2 pci-e 2.0 slots are split with one being x16 and the other being x8. Have any of you diamond owners found this to be true and will this bottleneck a SLI setup?
 
You may be thinking about the P7N Platinum. The Diamond has four PCI-E x16 slots, the top two of which are PCIE 2.0 x16 electrical. The third slot is PCI-E x16 1.1 electrical, while the bottom is either 1.1 x8 or x4 electrical.
 
Curiosity has gotten the better of me and so I picked up this board to try, as I've really lost confidence in my 680i to support a demanding quad core OC long term.

Instead of waiting for info about this product, I thought I'd find stuff out for myself and contribute. I recently created an "Official P7N Info" thread at Xtreme Systems and finished a lengthy post with some good setup and preliminary OC / benchmarking info. Forgive me for not repeating the same stuff here, but please do visit the thread if you're interested:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=178286
 
Curiosity has gotten the better of me and so I picked up this board to try, as I've really lost confidence in my 680i to support a demanding quad core OC long term.

Instead of waiting for info about this product, I thought I'd find stuff out for myself and contribute. I recently created an "Official P7N Info" thread at Xtreme Systems and finished a lengthy post with some good setup and preliminary OC / benchmarking info. Forgive me for not repeating the same stuff here, but please do visit the thread if you're interested:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=178286

I saw your thread at XS. I was intrigued enough by this board to pick one up myself. It should be here later this week. I'm not sure on the processor or memory I'm going to pick up yet, but I'll contribute as much info as I can, once I do.
 
whats the warranty on this board? I thought I saw 3 years, but cant confirm that as i cant locate any info about it. Thanks.
 
3 years warranty. Oddly enough there is no information I could find in the product material itself. I had to get the warranty info from the website.

This is my first motherboard from MSI and it's only the second product I've bought from them. The first was a GeForce 4 4400 which even today remains the best video card upgrade I had ever bought. MSI included more pack ins and games than any other card I've ever seen then or now, and the jump from a GeForce 2 to the 4 was quite substantial. Amazing added value for your money.
 
jus my 2 cents you couldn't pay me to put an msi board in anything. every one i have ever seen has some stupid glich. either video cards dont work bios's wont flash properly, sound doesn't work you name it ive seen it on msi boards and i can't stand them

like i said jus my 2 cents on it
 
jus my 2 cents you couldn't pay me to put an msi board in anything. every one i have ever seen has some stupid glich. either video cards dont work bios's wont flash properly, sound doesn't work you name it ive seen it on msi boards and i can't stand them

like i said jus my 2 cents on it

I don't think I've EVER built a rig where the motherboard didn't have some type of foolish malfunction..... and I've used just about every major brand. Makes me question the state of QA in this vertical.

The only motherboard that was close enough to perfect was a SiS based Asrock for Socket A... used that model for about 10 machines without any issues... even got some decent little overclocks when needed. Capacitor plague showed its ugly head about 3 years later on about half of them though. :(
 
jus my 2 cents you couldn't pay me to put an msi board in anything. every one i have ever seen has some stupid glich. either video cards dont work bios's wont flash properly, sound doesn't work you name it ive seen it on msi boards and i can't stand them

like i said jus my 2 cents on it

Ok, IF you "hate" MSI why not make some suggestion for an alternative? See I've had some MSI boards that worked fine, and others that had "issues". I've also had a series of good boards from Asus, and now 2 of those have got real problems and Asus Tech Support is ignoring them. I also wanted a Non-Intel chipset board. I couldn't see one from Gigabyte, an from the EVGA forums I've determined that they have a fairly high failure rate. I didn't have too many other choices besides MSI for a 780i chipset board.

Now you say your just giving us your "2 cents worth", but if you don't have anything positive to contribute, why don't you do something else besides search for "MSI" and "flame on"!!
 
Hey Cannydog,

We're eager for any benchmarking data on the P7N Diamond. Unfortunately, I won't be able to do some real OCing until the weekend. I take it from your post that you either have or are getting a P7N Diamond. Once you have it, please contribute to the benchmarking thread on XS. The more data we get the merrier.

My goal in all this is to find a nForce board people can trust to ride into the sunset with -- and by that I mean until Nehelem is released, which will change all the rules regarding motherboard design. My own curiosity is not to duplicate the insane 570fsb someone benched, but in finding a board that can a) be tuned for stable high performance easily and without issue, and b) ensure confidence that the the board wont eventually fail like the reference boards by providing stable power / voltage management. The better PWM modules and solid capacitors provide such confidence, and so far the board is proving to be very easy to work with and tune. If I can reach my own OC goals, which are indeed quite demanding but not a pipe dream given my chip and cooling setup, I'll be very happy.

I see many people are disregarding the 780i as merely a stop-gap between the 680i and the 790i. I think this is a mistake. Assuming the 790i requires DDR3 as stated, I don't see the logic in throwing much support behind those boards. DDR3 remains extraordinarily expensive compared to DDR2 and its advantages over DDR2 won't be fully realized until Nehelem is released. Besides, assuming Nehelem is still on track for a late 08 release, the 790i is due to have a very short shelf life before the entire concept of the FSB and NB memory controller goes the way of the dodo.
 
Ok I guess it couldn't hurt to sign up for another forum. ;)

I might overclock a bit, but generally there isn't any game that I play which requires more than my Q6600 does at stock speeds. I'll be getting my P7N on Thursday. If I still have two functional sticks of memory I'll be up and running in no time.

One thing I'm personally looking forward to is the Award/Phoenix BIOS used by most companies with the 680i/780i. All my recent Asus (keep wanting to type "Assus"... :p ) motherboards have used an AMI BIOS. And while the AMI BIOS does have some nice features, I cut my teeth on Award BIOS. I'm also betting it will be easier to overclock with an Award BIOS.
 
Ouch... I hate to break it to you Cannydog, but the P7N uses an AMI Bios like the ASUS boards. However, it is configured a bit differently. Layout wise it's more like the Award BIOSes on the reference boards, but make no mistake -- it's still American Megatrends.

Comparing the two, I've found that the Award / Phoenix BIOS on the reference design has a more responsive UI. However, the MSI BIOS can tune more voltages, including ref. voltages, and it doesn't try to guess a vCore if you leave that setting on AUTO, which I quite like. While both BIOSes feature manual / unliked RAM mode (where you can set your RAM speed independent of FSB,) the Award / Phoenix BIOS also allows you to set dividers when RAM is in linked mode (as if you were using an Intel chipset.) As far as I can tell, the MSI BIOS's linked mode automatically sets a divider based upon strap. Still, you can always get the divider you're looking for by doing some math and setting the RAM speed appropriately in manual mode. On the other hand, the MSI BIOS features a dynamic one-setting OC system, like ASUS's level up feature, regardless of whether or not you use EPP RAM.

I'd say both have their pluses and minuses, but I wouldn't single out one as being ultimately better than the other. What it comes down to is that they're both BIOSes. Nothing to get excited about.

Now when EFI enters the world of over-clocking, that'll be interesting :)
 
I don't think I've EVER built a rig where the motherboard didn't have some type of foolish malfunction..... and I've used just about every major brand. Makes me question the state of QA in this vertical.

The only motherboard that was close enough to perfect was a SiS based Asrock for Socket A... used that model for about 10 machines without any issues... even got some decent little overclocks when needed. Capacitor plague showed its ugly head about 3 years later on about half of them though. :(

in the past 2 weeks i put together a gigabyte GA-MA790FX-DS5 AM2+ with no problems booted up installed os installed drivers and tada it worked no problems.

the other one was the asus p5k with intel q6600 i put it together booted up loaded vista 64 bit installed drivers and tada a working pc again not one issue

if ya want i can post pics of both

:D:D:D:D:D:D
 
Ok, IF you "hate" MSI why not make some suggestion for an alternative? See I've had some MSI boards that worked fine, and others that had "issues". I've also had a series of good boards from Asus, and now 2 of those have got real problems and Asus Tech Support is ignoring them. I also wanted a Non-Intel chipset board. I couldn't see one from Gigabyte, an from the EVGA forums I've determined that they have a fairly high failure rate. I didn't have too many other choices besides MSI for a 780i chipset board.

Now you say your just giving us your "2 cents worth", but if you don't have anything positive to contribute, why don't you do something else besides search for "MSI" and "flame on"!!

ok here is my suggestions

DFI
ASUS
ABit
Gigabye
Intel
ECS

anything else you can think of but MSI
 
Gota put my 2 cents on the Asus vs MSi. Every single Asus board I've ever owned died. Not one single MSI board EVER (ncluding the 680i Diamond I own now that has been rock stable and hasn't killed a single stick of ram). I've still got a MSI PII machine I built in 98(?) running that I use for ham radio and another PIII built close to the same time that my kids in Florida still use as an e-mail/web machine. Every time an Asus board died and I called for an RMA, they wanted me to build it outside the box and other stupid stupid idiotic hoops and I threw most of them in the trash right after I salvaged any jumpers or components I thought I could use for other projects never completing the RMA process because it was so difficult. Asus is too big for their own good and they cannot serve their customers. IMHO
 
I don't think I've EVER built a rig where the motherboard didn't have some type of foolish malfunction..... and I've used just about every major brand. Makes me question the state of QA in this vertical.

The only motherboard that was close enough to perfect was a SiS based Asrock for Socket A... used that model for about 10 machines without any issues... even got some decent little overclocks when needed. Capacitor plague showed its ugly head about 3 years later on about half of them though. :(

I've used plenty of motherboards that never gave me a single issue. In fact I use them all the time. That's not to say they are perfect but to say they all have problems isn't entirely accurate. Sure they might all have one issue or another, in that I can agree but that doesn't mean you or anyone else in a given sampling of people are guaranteed to have an issue with a given board or brand of boards.

Ouch... I hate to break it to you Cannydog, but the P7N uses an AMI Bios like the ASUS boards. However, it is configured a bit differently. Layout wise it's more like the Award BIOSes on the reference boards, but make no mistake -- it's still American Megatrends.

Comparing the two, I've found that the Award / Phoenix BIOS on the reference design has a more responsive UI. However, the MSI BIOS can tune more voltages, including ref. voltages, and it doesn't try to guess a vCore if you leave that setting on AUTO, which I quite like. While both BIOSes feature manual / unliked RAM mode (where you can set your RAM speed independent of FSB,) the Award / Phoenix BIOS also allows you to set dividers when RAM is in linked mode (as if you were using an Intel chipset.) As far as I can tell, the MSI BIOS's linked mode automatically sets a divider based upon strap. Still, you can always get the divider you're looking for by doing some math and setting the RAM speed appropriately in manual mode. On the other hand, the MSI BIOS features a dynamic one-setting OC system, like ASUS's level up feature, regardless of whether or not you use EPP RAM.

I'd say both have their pluses and minuses, but I wouldn't single out one as being ultimately better than the other. What it comes down to is that they're both BIOSes. Nothing to get excited about.

Now when EFI enters the world of over-clocking, that'll be interesting :)

Right, MSI does use AMI on many of their recent products. The Award BIOS is indeed more responsive, but typically I can agree that the AMI offers more features. Though this is not always the case.
 
ok here is my suggestions

DFI
ASUS
ABit
Gigabye
Intel
ECS

anything else you can think of but MSI

Instead of just reeling off some names. Tell us what your using and why you like it. See I like DFI, but they don't have a 780i board out just yet. Same thing with Gigabyte and Abit. There are some EVGA and XFX 780i boards but they follow reference design, and while their RMA policies are excellent, they have some Quality Issues. That leaves Assus, whom I'm currently fighting with over my P5E. And the ONLY other maker is MSI!!
 
Instead of just reeling off some names. Tell us what your using and why you like it. See I like DFI, but they don't have a 780i board out just yet. Same thing with Gigabyte and Abit. There are some EVGA and XFX 780i boards but they follow reference design, and while their RMA policies are excellent, they have some Quality Issues. That leaves Assus, whom I'm currently fighting with over my P5E. And the ONLY other maker is MSI!!

Right now if you want a 780i SLI board you are limited to:

EVGA 780i SLI (132-CK-NF78-A1)
XFX 780i SLI
ASUS P5N-T
ASUS Striker II Formula
MSI P7N Diamond

The first two are ok, but have quirks and frankly they already have apparent quality issues and since they are so close to the 680i SLI reference design I advise staying clear of them. There is already some evidence that shows them to be ticking time-bombs like the 680i SLI reference boards were. I don't blame EVGA or XFX for that, but rather I blame NVIDIA.

That leaves the non-reference boards. The P5N-T I've never heard anything good about. Even Kyle didn't care for it too much as he had some issues with it. The Striker II Formula isn't much better and it has several of the same issues the Striker Extreme 680i SLI board had. That's not acceptable at all.

That leaves the P7N Diamond which I know next to nothing about. I know that I don't like some things about the layout, but otherwise it looks like a solid offering. I won't know until I actually have one in my hands for testing, if I ever get to test one.
 
Hi everyone. My new rig arrived today and it has a P7N Diamond in it. I will be following a guide I have to take my E8400 to 4.0Ghz. I will post my success or otherwise stories starting tomorrow. Initially I was very worried about the board, when I announced it in the HF Overclocking forum, all I got was flack for having chosen this board along with my Transcend Axeram PC8500 1066 ram. I didn't choose the ram myself, I left that to the guys who built the rig. I have checked on review of both parts ... the ram got impressive scores for overclocking on vr-zone and the P7N mobo has had some successes over at Xtreme Systems. Anyways I'll let you know how things go.

In respect to CPU cooling, I have a Termaltake Big Typoon on it and it fits great on this mobo, and it's cooling abilities are on par with the leaders in this category.
 
Hi everyone. My new rig arrived today and it has a P7N Diamond in it. I will be following a guide I have to take my E8400 to 4.0Ghz. I will post my success or otherwise stories starting tomorrow. Initially I was very worried about the board, when I announced it in the HF Overclocking forum, all I got was flack for having chosen this board along with my Transcend Axeram PC8500 1066 ram. I didn't choose the ram myself, I left that to the guys who built the rig. I have checked on review of both parts ... the ram got impressive scores for overclocking on vr-zone and the P7N mobo has had some successes over at Xtreme Systems. Anyways I'll let you know how things go.

In respect to CPU cooling, I have a Termaltake Big Typoon on it and it fits great on this mobo, and it's cooling abilities are on par with the leaders in this category.

I read your other thread. I don't think there's any thing wrong with your choice in motherboard, although the fact that I had one arrive last night, makes me a little biased. :D

Their concerns are only half valid, but in the end, may not matter much as long as your board is stable. Now, I'm not saying that MSI boards can't overclock, but you simply don't hear as much about their successes as other boards. Also, the NVIDIA chipsets usually can't clock as high as their Intel counterparts. That doesn't mean they are bad boards by any means. The fact is, if you want the newest SLI capable boards, your choices are limited. Out of those limited choices, I believe the P7N to be one of the best.
 
Well my P7N Diamond arrived on Thursday evening. On Friday I installed it, but failed to wipe the HDD that I was using for the OS (in this case WinXP MCE). So yesterday I had to "clean" the hard drive and start over...

With two small exceptions the board runs perfectly. 1. Nvidia drive controller software can be extremely finicky about how you install it. I had to a) install the SMB bus drivers and network drivers, b) then install the JMicron drivers, c) and finally install the Nvidia Media Shield hard drive controller drivers. My first attempt I could not get those JMicron drivers installed, so the eSATA wouldn't work. 2. The Front Panel Audio connector on that custom X-Fi board does not seem to work properly yet. The sound card works fine. But I wanted to use the Front Ports on my case for a headphone and mic. I'm consulting MSI's tech support about this but don't have it resolved yet.

At least now I can be sure my memory is running properly. Even though all 4 Corsair modules I have don't work together. I may experiment with my memory speeds and see if I can get it running. The only impediment is that the primary PCI-E slot is high on the board , so my 8800 GTS has to be pulled to change the memory modules. (I'll need a couple of days just to get all my software installed - then I'll create a drive image first.)

Now if I could just afford a second 8800GTS... ;)
 
Well my P7N Diamond arrived on Thursday evening. On Friday I installed it, but failed to wipe the HDD that I was using for the OS (in this case WinXP MCE). So yesterday I had to "clean" the hard drive and start over...

With two small exceptions the board runs perfectly. 1. Nvidia drive controller software can be extremely finicky about how you install it. I had to a) install the SMB bus drivers and network drivers, b) then install the JMicron drivers, c) and finally install the Nvidia Media Shield hard drive controller drivers. My first attempt I could not get those JMicron drivers installed, so the eSATA wouldn't work. 2. The Front Panel Audio connector on that custom X-Fi board does not seem to work properly yet. The sound card works fine. But I wanted to use the Front Ports on my case for a headphone and mic. I'm consulting MSI's tech support about this but don't have it resolved yet.

At least now I can be sure my memory is running properly. Even though all 4 Corsair modules I have don't work together. I may experiment with my memory speeds and see if I can get it running. The only impediment is that the primary PCI-E slot is high on the board , so my 8800 GTS has to be pulled to change the memory modules. (I'll need a couple of days just to get all my software installed - then I'll create a drive image first.)

Now if I could just afford a second 8800GTS... ;)

MSI has a patch on their website for this board and the X-Fi that is suppose to fix "Fix front and back audio ports can not both output issue". I don't know if that is what you are experiencing but I thought I would suggest in case you haven't tried it.

http://global.msi.com.tw/index.php?func=downloaddetail&type=driver&maincat_no=1&prod_no=1372

Also does anyone know which driver folder on the CD contains the JMicron eSata drivers. I'm working on a Vista x64 SP1 DVD with drivers slipsreamed without having to install the OS and figure out which one it is then creating the DVD. Is it the same driver folder as the Jmicron IDE? Thanks.

EDIT: Figured it out!!
 
Hey BKA, Thanks but I tried that patch and it didn't seem to do anything.

Also the drivers you are interested in are located in the CD under; IDE - JMicron - Floppy64.
_____________________________________________________________________________

Curiously I have had another issue arise with this board. Since wiping the drive clean (literally writing 000s to the whole thing...) and reinstalling I've had 3 BSODs. I downloaded the Microsoft Debug Tool and discovered that the Nvidia Nforce SATA Performance driver (nvgts.sys) is the problem. Since I have the latest set of WHQL Nforce drivers (ver. 9.46) there isn't much I can do except try not to "stress" the drives. The "curious" part is that I seem to remember not ever installing this type of drivers, with past Nvidia chipset boards, because they had an overwhelming tendency to make the system unstable. Then again, I did own some of Nvidia's "bastard child" chipsets... like the NForce 3! Isn't it amazing how things "change", but still "stay the same".
 
Do you have a SATA Optical drive? If so, try moving the SATA cable to another port. That may very well kick the driver into gear. Otherwise, there are instructions out on the net on how to remove the drivers, which are known to be buggy with certain hardware.
 
I cant get mine to even turn on my display. No error code beeps from my system speaker. I tried both my 8800GTX in first and second pciX16 slots and also my working pci video card from my old p3 with no results. First time i turned on, power light was red on case and HD was blue, turned off and now they both stay solid red all the time.

I tried also unplugging all devices except video card, and ram. Thried reseating my ram and also swapping modules, booting with 1 etc. Should I RMA the board?
 
Sounds like a bad board or PSU. If you have a spare PSU, try hooking that up. If not, then I'd say RMA the board. The Corsair is a great unit and should have no trouble with your setup.

Btw, I've had great success today with my P7N. A successful super-pi bench at 4.05ghz (1.55v) and stability at 3.6ghz (1.45v and dropping.) This is the first non-reference board I've seen that works out of the box and doesn't suck at OCing. Very exciting, very exciting indeed!! :)
 
Sounds like a bad board or PSU. If you have a spare PSU, try hooking that up. If not, then I'd say RMA the board. The Corsair is a great unit and should have no trouble with your setup.

Btw, I've had great success today with my P7N. A successful super-pi bench at 4.05ghz (1.55v) and stability at 3.6ghz (1.45v and dropping.) This is the first non-reference board I've seen that works out of the box and doesn't suck at OCing. Very exciting, very exciting indeed!! :)

I dont have a spare PSU, my other pc has a cheapo PSU that came with the case. The psu seems to be working ok. I may have flubbed the board as the first time i plugged in the power to the board, i had my PSU plugged in and power was active. Maybe that fried it...

If you guys think i'm out of options and should RMA let me know, wanted to get a second opinion first
 
UPDATE: I just tested the PSU in another pc and it booted up just fine. Any chance it could be my CPU? I'm packing everything back up right now to get ready to rma. CoD4 will have to wait I guess.
 
took the plunge on this mobo from newegg just now. Have every part for the system minus video as im awaiting reviews of these soon to be released nvidia cards. So im sure ill be back in a few weeks with my findings, and will contribute any way i can.
 
I like how the manual says that Tri-Sli is vista only...

msi_p7n_sli_01.jpg

msi_p7n_sli_02.jpg


My opty 165@2.4 on my K8N Diamond Plus with 8800GTX's in sli still do a great job for me, so I'm not in a real hurry to use the es E6700 and Corsair CM2X1024 I have laying around. So I can wait for this board to be properly reviewed and for EVGA's FTW edition and hopefully other 780i's from Gigabyte and maybe DFI.
 
Note that the manual pic you posted has some incorrect information. It states that dual SLI must use the top two PCI-E slots, which will block the PCI slot when using dual-width cards. This is incorrect, and has caused some confusion around the net for people looking to purchase this board.

Two card SLI works perfectly with one card in the top blue slot and the second card in the third, white PCI-E 1.1 x16 slot (x16 electrical.) There is no performance loss, since no card can even saturate PCI-E 1.1 x16's provided bandwidth.

It is well known that Vista is an official requirement of tri-SLI. I'm not sure if people got it working in XP, but most would correctly point out that there is very, very little value to even considering tri-SLI, since it's not well supported in games and is woefully inefficient from a power / heat perspective.

The value of the P7N, at least in my book, is that it is a non-reference SLI board that is as capable an OCer as the reference boards. Like other non-reference boards, however, it features all solid state caps and a better power phase design, which should alleviate the long-term reliability issues experienced on the reference boards. A stable, reliable, OCable Core 2 SLI board is a big deal indeed.
 
On the P7N Diamond if you tri-SLI will they all run at max 16x speed? Within a month or so im lookin into buying that motherboard and selling my friend my 8800GTS 640MB to get the new 512MB one.
 
My RMA comes in on Tuesday and I will post an update with my results after a bit of testing
 
Hey everyone - nice thread so far. I'm definitely looking into this board for my next SLI build, but I have a question...

As for the 8GB support on this board, is it good? I know some boards say they support 8GB but then run into problems. Is everything smooth here? I was planning to get 8GB of the 1066 GSkill (sorry if this was already mentioned and I missed it).

Thanks,

Z
 
I don't have much to add, just a few benches. Solid board, good clocker, still needs a good bios but there are a couple ntb betas.
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm06=6401082, 3dm06-q6600@9x422=3800-air, 2x msi 9600gt sli.

crysis benches 1280x1024, 1600x1200, 1900x1200

3/29/2008 11:20:19 PM -
Beginning Run #1 on Map-island, Demo-benchmark_gpu
DX9 1600x1200, AA=No AA, Vsync=Disabled, 32 bit test, FullScreen
Demo Loops=3, Time Of Day= 9
Global Game Quality: High
==============================================================
TimeDemo Play Started , (Total Frames: 2000, Recorded Time: 111.86s)
!TimeDemo Run 0 Finished.
Play Time: 57.74s, Average FPS: 34.64
Min FPS: 21.54 at frame 138, Max FPS: 47.57 at frame 974
Average Tri/Sec: -30172962, Tri/Frame: -871059
Recorded/Played Tris ratio: -1.05
!TimeDemo Run 1 Finished.
Play Time: 49.12s, Average FPS: 40.72
Min FPS: 21.54 at frame 138, Max FPS: 48.72 at frame 68
Average Tri/Sec: -35413484, Tri/Frame: -869765
Recorded/Played Tris ratio: -1.05
!TimeDemo Run 2 Finished.
Play Time: 48.76s, Average FPS: 41.01
Min FPS: 21.54 at frame 138, Max FPS: 49.56 at frame 991
Average Tri/Sec: -35598688, Tri/Frame: -867976
Recorded/Played Tris ratio: -1.06
TimeDemo Play Ended, (3 Runs Performed)
==============================================================

Beginning Run #2 on Map-island, Demo-benchmark_gpu
DX9 1280x1024, AA=No AA, Vsync=Disabled, 32 bit test, FullScreen
Demo Loops=3, Time Of Day= 9
Global Game Quality: High
==============================================================
TimeDemo Play Started , (Total Frames: 2000, Recorded Time: 111.86s)
!TimeDemo Run 0 Finished.
Play Time: 47.37s, Average FPS: 42.22
Min FPS: 24.82 at frame 162, Max FPS: 60.31 at frame 1010
Average Tri/Sec: -40091084, Tri/Frame: -949639
Recorded/Played Tris ratio: -0.97
!TimeDemo Run 1 Finished.
Play Time: 39.82s, Average FPS: 50.23
Min FPS: 24.82 at frame 162, Max FPS: 63.97 at frame 98
Average Tri/Sec: -47663036, Tri/Frame: -948945
Recorded/Played Tris ratio: -0.97
!TimeDemo Run 2 Finished.
Play Time: 38.55s, Average FPS: 51.88
Min FPS: 24.82 at frame 162, Max FPS: 64.33 at frame 1014
Average Tri/Sec: -49173612, Tri/Frame: -947783
Recorded/Played Tris ratio: -0.97
TimeDemo Play Ended, (3 Runs Performed)
==============================================================

Completed All Tests

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>>--SUMMARY--<<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

3/29/2008 11:20:19 PM -

Run #1- DX9 1600x1200 AA=No AA, 32 bit test, Quality: High ~~ Overall Average FPS: 40.865
Run #2- DX9 1280x1024 AA=No AA, 32 bit test, Quality: High ~~ Overall Average FPS: 51.055
==============================================================

4/21/2008 12:36:39 PM -
Beginning Run #1 on Map-island, Demo-benchmark_gpu
DX9 1900x1200, AA=No AA, Vsync=Disabled, 32 bit test, FullScreen
Demo Loops=3, Time Of Day= 9
Global Game Quality: High
==============================================================
TimeDemo Play Started , (Total Frames: 2000, Recorded Time: 111.86s)
!TimeDemo Run 0 Finished.
Play Time: 65.48s, Average FPS: 30.54
Min FPS: 14.62 at frame 144, Max FPS: 38.86 at frame 972
Average Tri/Sec: -21818896, Tri/Frame: -714399
Recorded/Played Tris ratio: -1.28
!TimeDemo Run 1 Finished.
Play Time: 59.37s, Average FPS: 33.69
Min FPS: 14.29 at frame 1923, Max FPS: 40.33 at frame 1746
Average Tri/Sec: -24044870, Tri/Frame: -713775
Recorded/Played Tris ratio: -1.28
!TimeDemo Run 2 Finished.
Play Time: 59.30s, Average FPS: 33.73
Min FPS: 14.29 at frame 1923, Max FPS: 40.34 at frame 985
Average Tri/Sec: -24034392, Tri/Frame: -712625
Recorded/Played Tris ratio: -1.29
TimeDemo Play Ended, (3 Runs Performed)
==============================================================

Completed All Tests

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>>--SUMMARY--<<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

4/21/2008 12:36:39 PM -

Run #1- DX9 1900x1200 AA=No AA, 32 bit test, Quality: High ~~ Overall Average FPS: 33.71
 
Back
Top