msi p67a-c43 insane TMPIN1 @ 127c

kcmastrpc

[H]ard|Gawd
i've gone from OC to stock on my CPU / GPU to try and figure out wtf.

I've always noticed TMPIN1 getting kind of warm, but this is ridiculous. After I installed a Shaman on my 6970, my case temps went up but not terribly however TMPIN1 went nuts

i5-2500k @ 3.3ghz
msi p67a-c43
8gb Gskill X 1600
XFX 6970 @ 880/1325
Kingston SV100 64G + 1TB WD Black
Enermax Liberty 650W

In the screenshot I'm running Prime95 on 3 cores, one core is left open for my bitcoin miner process to get the GPU to 100%. All my other temps are fine - but TMPIN1 slowly climbs to 126-7 and stays there.

Nothing is on fire/smoking/etc., computer is stable - so I'm unsure what to think about this.

stupidtemps.png

This is normal. The temp is being read incorrectly, or the sensor itself is outputting erroneous date. There are some threads on the MSI forums and various other forums about this. People are freaking out because they think their PCH temp is too high, however the PCH would go into thermal shutdown and your system would turn off before it ever managed to get to 127C.

Also note that your +12V line is only running at 8V. If this was actually happening, your system would not even boot. Monitoring programs are good tools, but you can't always trust the data coming out of them as being factual.

Interesting

I have the same motherboard and when running P95 my TMPIN1 gets up to the mid 70s C

What Bios are you using? I'm on 1.8

my 12V also shows 8.18V

I had the 1.8 bios. I updated to the 1B? (whatever the latest is) and TMPIN1 stays stable ~71C under load. +12V still reads 8V though (even my old 1156 board from MSI reads that)

Back