MSI P55-GD80 on Amazon for 133.xx - RUN don't walk.

Damn Dirty Ape

[H]ard|Gawd
I bought 2, not sure how many are left. Beach Audio is the seller.

Pricing error? It says 209 normally, now 133.xx..

should be fun to see how long before it gets canceled.

That was awesome. Went to the page, showed one left in stock, immediately went to check out and it was no longer available.

Deal is dead before it started, it seems.

Hah, my friend bought the last one, sorry :(

Hopefully they honor the price.

When you search for it, it says $133 but when you click on the link it says $209 and it says it's not even available yet....

When you search for it, it says $133 but when you click on the link it says $209 and it says it's not even available yet....

The 209 price is 'sold by amazon', the 133 price was beach audio FWIW.

I just went back and checked, I'm expecting a cancel email any time. Worth a try and that was quick. Well if it doesn't pan out, I tried, eh?

Just got an order confirmation from Beach Audio - now to see what they have to say when they come in tomorrow morning. I can't imagine them selling a $200+ board for 133/136, but the level if any of their WTF will be evident soon.

If they go through, it's one hell of a hot deal for a few of us.

Idk, the LGA-1156 platform costs about the same as the LGA-1336 idk which one to get.....

You're talking about the difference between a top-end 1156 board versus a lower midrange 1336 board. Sure, they cost the same, but the 1156 board is much higher quality. (at least, that's the idea)

My order was canceled due to "out of stock". :/

Placed it last night around 1130.

Did the cancels come from beach or from amazon? as of 12:30pm cst mine is till showing active on amazon, but awaiting a cancel email too. My order was 9:59pm cst last night.

Just checked and as of 3pm cst no cancels yet. Like I said, I'm expecting the email any time and won't be upset as I now suspect it was a pricing error on someone's part.

Shame, wouldve persuaded me to build an i5 system and get my htpc off main use.

Good luck to you sir :)

5 more in stock at Amazon from ANTOnline for $130.39. Came to $137.XX shipped.

Seams like a repeat of the 260GTX fiasco. Same places and all drop shippers. I'm guessing this is a pricing error that they received from the vendor.

My 2 have shipped out of beach's memphis warehouse and are in st louis now, delivery date of tomorrow. hope a few people at least got one of these.

I wonder how many of these end up on [H] BST for a "bargain" price of 180 dollars. :p

I wonder how many of these end up on [H] BST for a "bargain" price of 180 dollars. :p

hehe not mine. I just received a msi p55-cd53 (1) of them, called up and told of an 'inventory problem' and they are sending me a prepaid RMA label to carry it back to them. Nice that they contacted me and only sent 1 item with no word about the 276$ I charged on the order.

I think I'll dispute it in the meantime, I wouldn't have but not so much as a 'we're sorry' or anything. I expected a cancel email, but really unexcusable since the amazon order says 'p55-gd80' and so does the confirm order email from beach audio.

my packing slip in the box says 'cd53' though.

nice.

Ouch. so in the end you're not even gonna get one gd-80? Pretty shitty.

I just checked my order from ANTOnline (through Amazon), and also have bad news:

SKU Description Qty Price/ea. Total
P55-CD53 MSI LGA 1156 3xSLI/CFX Intel P55 ATX Motherboard P55GD80 1 $130.39 $130.39

It seems my "GD80" will also be a "CD53".

I am not showing any shipping information yet, so maybe I can stop it before it ships.

Well we know how the saying goes....

I was guessing more for the cancel email than just taking 276 (133*2), then shipping (1) cd53 and nothing being said about it at all anywhere. I asked, 'what about the obvious problem of a GD80 being ordered and 2 of them?' 'I'm not sure Sir'.

First and last with Beach Audio.

Kinda smells to be honest.

Yeah and my 140 or so is still pending on my online bank statement. Been that way since 9/13.

I'll give it another day or two before I bitch.

I received a cancellation e-mail from ANTOnline:

"We are very sorry. Stock has not arrived as planned. Amazon.com has notified us of their intention to cancel this order."

On the bright side: I guess it saves me the headache of receiving a CD53 and returning it!

Back