MSI -P55 GD65 turbo boost?

QuadDragon

Limp Gawd
Well I just got my new setup in. MSI-P55-GD65 and an i7 860. Board seems to run fine at stock speeds. built it up yesterday and had to go to go to work. I haven't had a whole lot of time to play with it. I did see it underclock all 4 cores to 2.4 ghz when it was running prime 95, but I have been unable lto make it push 1 core up to the 3.4 with a single threaded app. Also I could not find anywhere in the bios where to turn on or off the Turbo Boost function.
Any suggestions?

Well I seem to be always answering my own posts , but for those of you out there I finally found the answer to this mystifying question. The answer is EIST must be enabled on this board in order for the Turbo Boost be accessable in the bios.

Well I finally got Turbo Boost going and the multiplier has jumped to 22 vs 21. I have loaded once core to the max using a windowed version of Everquest, but turboboost keeps the frequency at 2.9ghz instead of 2.8. How do I make this motherboard turn turbo boost up to the 3.6ghz its supposed to on single threaded apps?

Back