MSI OC Liquid Cooled 8800 GTX ~ $629.99

torrey.smith

I Love the Cock - Please PM Me
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814127282

I just got 2 of these for $1362.27 shipped, or $681 shipped per card.

This card has its own little pump going to a fan-cooled reservoir.

My thoughts are that the Danger Den water block costs $134.99 each, in addition to the $525 - $550 price of the card itself. By going with this solution, you save some money and don't need a liquid cooling system to plug in to.

Due to the remote reservoir, I feel that this can mitigate the problems of cooking the upper card when you go SLI like I am.

That's a nice chunk of change just for graphics. What do you do that you need two of these bad boys?

That's a nice chunk of change just for graphics. What do you do that you need two of these bad boys?

He needs that power to play at 1280x768. Duh. :D

Its a nifty system, that MSI self-watercooled card. Does it allow room for expandability?

My primary purpose for this setup is to help with SolidWorks (CAD).

Secondary reasons... 30" 2560x1600... flight sims... games... :D

How much Juice are they sucking, From the pics on the Link each card has two 6-pin plugs (so four for the both of them)

What PSU are you running?

-Raven

I just picked up the Thermaltake 1200W PSU.

BTW, how do you quote someone when you reply? :eek:

Wouldnt a single Quattro card outperform SLI 8800s in CAD?

-sweet!-

I'm not sure exactly what the SLI/CAD situation is. Anyone know?

I was very interested in the Quadro series (I use them at work), but I was turned off by the price per performance ratio. The 8800 GTX (s) should work very well, although there may not be support for some of the nifty features like Realview graphics and 3D glasses.

Can anyone give a definitive breakdown between the Quadro series and the Geforce series? They are based on the same hardware, and I don't understand exactly how they differ physically.

Back