msi oc genie 2 issue

rob2000

Gawd
**The PROBLEM***
I did finally get it to boot at 4.2 ghz but now it only sees one stick of ram. do I switch back and try manually with another program to go for a lower boost? or does this indicate the ram stick is either dying or on the way out?

so I have been having trouble running pubg. my older system ran it fine until one of their updates. Since then I have upgraded to windows 10, added a wd ssd, and a 1070

its choppy in the game a lot. trying to tweak settings has not helped so far.

I decided to try overclocing the cpu with the msi oc genie 2 and I had some issues booting which I thought goes back to the windows 1083 update that thousands have had an issue with.

do I bother with memtest or prime? almost pulled the trigger on an all new setup but then decided to just get a newer psu to see if that helps and if not, probably build it new from there. unless someone has a better idea.

system specs
16 gigs dd3
core i5 3570k
win 10 64
wd ssd blue
msi z77a-g45 gaming mobo
asus xonar sound card.
broadstream nic
think its a corsair 750 psu

not sure if any of the other devices matter.

why not just do the overclocking manual?.. it is far better and far more stable.. crank the vcore to 1.35V (with offset if possible) and see how high it can clock, an average ivy bridge i5 will be about 4.5ghz - 4.6ghz at that voltage..

why not just do the overclocking manual?.. it is far better and far more stable.. crank the vcore to 1.35V (with offset if possible) and see how high it can clock, an average ivy bridge i5 will be about 4.5ghz - 4.6ghz at that voltage..
I can try that to I guess. it has been giving a bit of trouble. not sure if its software or hardware issue.

Back