MSI Neo4 Plat problem - return it?

aliens50

n00b
I'm getting a little tired of this MB. I have emailed MSI (I would have called them, but it's saturday) about the problems to see if they would by chance have any advice for me.

First, I was looking forward to using CoreCenter's auto-overclock feature to test the maximum fsb current configs could handle. When I open up CoreCenter's left menu, there is only a save option and default option button. There is no auto option anywhere (should be according to the manual and other users). When in slots 3-4 though, the ram can handle 2-2-2-5-1 just fine.

When I adjust the ht multiplier settings down in the Bios, it doesn't save for the life of me. I restart and it lists the default 5x.

Is there no multiplier adjustment through the bios??? If there is, I can't find it.

My crucial Ballistix Ram loads a Blue Screen right before loading into Windows when in slot 1-2, but loads "fine" in slots 3-4. Aggresive timing is set to normal in the bios, and so are the memory timings. Do I need to send back my ballistix too?

I have the newest bios and drivers and I'm getting very frustrated with this. Besides that, I cannot get my fsb over 220 even with the cpu multiplier down a couple.

I really need some advice on this. WTH is wrong here?

I don't know why it doesn't save over the CMOS. One thing you can do to help your FSB OC is to turn off agressive timings, as well as CPU spread spectrum. Both settings are detrimental to your OC.

If that doesn't work, you might as well go with the DFI Ultra-D. Its about the same price as a new K8N Neo4 board, and it has quite a few more BIOS settings that pertain to overclocking.

Back