MSI Neo3-Fr Audio Problem

paradigm.r

n00b
I recently purchased a computer and it has a MIS Neo3-FR motherboard. Everything is working great on it except the audio. The only playback device that it list in the sound section of the control panel is a "Digital Playback Device (HDMI)". It says it is working. Only problem is, I need normal stereo out through a regular 2.1 system. From experience, with my last motherboard I know there should be other options in the playback devices besides just HDMI. I have installed the drivers from the CD that came with the motherboard, and the latest audio drivers off of MSI's website, but it still just shows the 1 HDMI out option. What gives?

This is what mine shows:
30165980zl3.jpg

Try the drivers from Realtek:
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false
It is a Realtek ALC888 chipset.

Thank you but unfortunately after uninstalling my old driver and installing the afore mentioned realtek driver, I am still experiencing the same problem with it just listing hdmi as the only output option. This is driving me crazy!

Ok figured out what the problem was. My on board audio was disabled in BIOS. Simple fix haha. Just figured I would say what was wrong

Back