MSI Neo2 Platinum problems.

Gism0.

n00b
I built a system a while ago for someone using the sk939 MSI neo2 platinum board and an A64 cpu, and had many problems getting devices to work.

With everything enabled in the bios, USB wouldn't work. Neither would a couple of the IDE channels, firewire and audio. Device manager in windows claimed it didn't have enough resources to enable these devices. I got them to work by disabling some things that arn't used in the bios (serial port, one of the ethernet ports, one ide slot, one sata slot).

This gets everything working but it is hardly ideal. Another problem is that the PC isn't recognised as an ACPI pc and instead is noted as a 'MPS uniprocessor pc' and as such windows wont shutdown by itself and leaves you at the 'it is now safe to shutdown' screen :(

It's using the latest bios (from the liveupdate program) and latest nforce drivers from nvidia.com, and it's running windows xp. Any ideas?

I've built the same setup, not had those issues. I'd try giving the OS a rebuild from orignal XP CD. You could try sticking win2k on there and seeing if the same applies to that.

You said you're using the latest BIOS from MSI (liveupdate). That would be ver. 1.3 right ? Try 1.36 or 1.37 available here . Should clear up your problems. I'm very happy with the 1.36. They're beta, but don't let that scare you. This guy got them directly from MSI tech support and is hosting them. Go to the MSI forum here and check out what others have to say.

Back