• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

MSI Neo2 nF3 Platinum

barry6743

n00b
Joined
Mar 19, 2005
Messages
7
Has anyone gotten any really good results OC'ing the MSI Neo2 nF3 Platinum motherboard? I currently have an Abit AV8 that I run the FSB/HTT over 260MHz (with water cooling and Vcore of 1.725v) with a +3500 Venice processor and in the reviews I have found for the Neo2 they topped out at 220MHz OC. The nForce 3 chip is supposed to be better at OC'ing than the Via KT800 Pro chip so whats up? What are the available FSB/AGP/PCI ratios? Does it have a working AGP lock?
 
i had the socket 754 version of the nf3 neo platinum and got good results. had my 3000+ @ 2.5. i'm pretty sure i was being held back by the chip and not the board. also i'm pretty sure any newer board has an agp lock....
 
I have this mobo with some gskill tccd pc4400. with my cbbid winchester 3200+ i got 281x9@1.7v with ram 1:1. Now i have a 3700+ at 250x11@1.6v with ram running 166 divider (chip has garbage memory controller :( ). Once I put this system under water, I hope to push even further. This board doesnt seem to hold me back, however the newer bios seem to overclock a bit less...I'm using a modified 1.8 bios that works well for me, id say try 1.8 or 1.36 for best results.
 
From my personal experience {with my Neo2} I believe it is the memory controller on the CPU which limits the HTT overclocks.

i.e. My Winnie 3000+ would not pass 321HTT with any divider but my X2 will hit 343HTT.

You are reaching the limitations of the CPU before the HTT limit - try dropping the CPU multiplier to x4 and then push the HTT up until it fails! I would guess you will get to between 310 and 340Mhz - but remember to set the HTT multiplier to 2x and memory to 100Mhz divider before you try.
 
yea man, i do pretty good with mine it would seem. i mean im not happy with the memory control issues and lack of volts... timings issues, etc, but as for HTT and locked pci bus? its all good. with my winnie at damn near 2.7ghz i even dropped multies and dragged the htt up to 370 before i stopped to go to work. but right now its like 298htt chillin.

nah the new 2 prolly is one of the top 2 or 3 choices for socket939 AGP lovin
 
yeea the MSI neo 2 platinum is capable of high clocks juss as the epox 9nda3+ is but both lack the voltage options
 
1.36 and 1.37 offer huge vcore, but I prefer the stability of 1.C...

My 3700+ is at 245x11 @ 1.55v right now on a K8N Neo2 Plat, but i'm still trying to cook the AS5 there and stuff...
 
Back
Top