MSI N260GTX-T2D896 OC GeForce GTX 260 = $214.99 - $40 MIR + Shipping

in for one. I hope the smaller number of shaders does not make to much difference. Sell my 9600 and this is even a better deal for me

Oh well, they have since removed the rebate. Wish I would have pdf'd for you all.

The invoice will have time and date of purchase which may cause MSI to not honor the rebate, although it says that the rebate is valid until 11/30/2008.

well the rebate seems generic enough. the rebate is through msi, and it doesn't specify the retailer.

however, one potential caveat is under terms and conditions #1: you have to pay "retail price," which $214.99 might be outside the range of.

It's probably gone because MSI used CPG. Anyone know?
What got you to that conclusion? :p Seriously, I want to know the thought process and evidence you used to figure that out.

A single glance at the rebate form shows that's not the problem.

better than a 4870?
well the almighty internet and this thing called google will lead you to tons of reviews. oh and why not check Hardocp since youre in the neighborhood?

short answer is its basically a wash between the 4870 and GTX260.

What got you to that conclusion? :p Seriously, I want to know the thought process and evidence you used to figure that out.

A single glance at the rebate form shows that's not the problem.

I didn't conclude anything. Hence the question mark. CPG is going out of business, I remember reading about MSI in that thread, and the MSI rebate is pulled even though it's good through 11/30.

Damn companies and rebates....:eek:
ecstatic.gif

Interesting, the rebate option has been removed from Amazon as well, where I bought the card yesterday.

Oh well, I hadn't counted on it anyways.

I'm seeing $228.99 before rebate. Considering the Egg's shipping is about $10, the Egg remains cheaper by $4.

*also, for $17 more you mine as well upgrade to the 216SP version at Buy.com.

I didn't conclude anything. Hence the question mark. CPG is going out of business, I remember reading about MSI in that thread, and the MSI rebate is pulled even though it's good through 11/30.
There is no mention of MSI in either thread about CPG. I'm still trying to follow you. Something you saw made you believe this MSI rebate had anything to do with CPG. Help me out.

It's OK if you admit that you just want to blindly associate every rebate with CPG.

Not meaning to Hijack :rolleyes:but ZZF has it for 209 before rebate
seems there is a instant rebate in the cart

And HERE is their link to the additional mail in

Its the same MSI funded rebate

now sure its $5 cheaper but no R6 bundled with it:(
I got mine from newegg.com when it was $229 with free shipping, R6 game, and $40 rebate. there was no game in my box so I called newegg and they said they ran out and would just credit me $25. that means if I get my rebate the GTX260 from newegg will have only cost me $164 total. thats by far the best deal I have ever gotten on a video card. newegg is great.

Notice for us California residents who have to pay tax to almost every e-commerce site that exists besides Amazon...

Amazon just lowered prices on the MSI 260 to $230 - $40 MIR, and the EVGA 260 to $240 - $30 MIR, no tax, free ship.

Personally I'd say the EVGA is worth the $20 extra for free FarCry 2, 3dMark, almost certainly better customer service and trade up (even though I've never used it)

Just to point out, #6 on the rebate form terms would seem to eliminate this - it's not retail price and it does already have a promotional discount (instant).

*EDIT*
According to NewEgg, it does not qualify for the $40 mail in rebate. Those that ordered before they removed it from the website will probably be ok. I'm sure NewEgg will honor it themselves, since it was their site's mess up that caused you to make the order.

There is no mention of MSI in either thread about CPG. I'm still trying to follow you. Something you saw made you believe this MSI rebate had anything to do with CPG. Help me out.

It's OK if you admit that you just want to blindly associate every rebate with CPG.

It was a question, as in I was wondering if they were connected. How hard is it to understand the logic path?

1) Rebate company going out of business.
2) MSI rebates seemingly disappearing from retailer websites.

I didn't say, "Oh no! MSI uses CPG!"

Instead, I brought up the possibility that such was the case, and even asked if anyone could verify one way or the other.

Got it? Or do we need to bring in Jeff Foxworthy and a panel of children?

Just to point out, #6 on the rebate form terms would seem to eliminate this - it's not retail price and it does already have a promotional discount (instant).

*EDIT*
According to NewEgg, it does not qualify for the $40 mail in rebate. Those that ordered before they removed it from the website will probably be ok. I'm sure NewEgg will honor it themselves, since it was their site's mess up that caused you to make the order.

yeah Im sure newegg will credit me the 40 bucks if it doesnt work si Im not worried. I am a little worried about MSI only being open from 9-5 M-F though. seriously what kind of hours are those for a company like that?

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
"Usually ships in 4-6weeks" translation we're out of stock and don't know when we can get more in. Could be the inventory of old 260's is running out.

Fyi, the MSI Gtx 260 I received (from Mwave) was defective at stock memory speeds. I had to underclock it to 1030mhz to prevent artifacts.

No thank you, MSI. I returned it and went with Evga again.

Back