• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

MSI K9A2 Platinum BIOS Help

zpanacek

n00b
Joined
Jan 11, 2008
Messages
8
Last night I put together a Phenom system. After going through a DOA stick of RAM and a DOA PSU I finally got the thing up. Great part was Vista Home Premium took about 14 minutes to install before I was updating drivers and so on.

Now I am ready to start poking around and setting the Voltage on my RAM. Let me give you an exact run down of the system.

Phenom 9600
K9A2 Platinum
Seagate 7200.10 SATAII
LiteOn Lightscribe SATA
2 Gigs 1066 2.1V 5-5-5-15 Corsair

My question is how do I enable the BIOS to allow me to manually change my RAM settings. The options are "grayed" out. I cannot select them. What am I missing. Your help would be seriously appreciated.
 
Cell Menu>Advance DRAM Configuration>DRAM Timing Mode>Both

Did you get the Black Edition 9600?
 
Unfortunately I did not! The only place that had any was ISORM.com and they were asking $310. I decided to just get the 9600 and OC it as far as I could... Not to mention I just upgraded from an old school Athlon XP 2200+. So you can imagine the jump in speed I am experiencing!! I am going to wait for the next big jump in speed. I'll wait till the phenoms are stock 2.7GHz or higher..

I really appreciate the help! I am sure I will be writing back for help OCing! I am happy to join the club.
 
Back
Top