MSI has entered the handheld segment, using Intel hardware.

interesting...

R.gif

Is the handheld market cyclical? Feels like devices come and go in waves.

Will it come with asbestos mittens?

It was only a matter of time before Intel threw their card in the hat.

Reactions: Axman
like this
I'm curious about this device. Not in the market for one (Steam Deck is still working fine for me), but I am interested to see how Arc performs in this form factor. I've been really impressed with how Intel has been handling Arc improvements.

Is the handheld market cyclical? Feels like devices come and go in waves.

Some of the manufacturers release a new model every few months, it seems.

I'm curious about this device. Not in the market for one (Steam Deck is still working fine for me), but I am interested to see how Arc performs in this form factor. I've been really impressed with how Intel has been handling Arc improvements.

Some of the manufacturers release a new model every few months, it seems.
You're probably right. A lot to keep track of.

It'll be fine....

*Edited to include sarcasm stance.......

Last edited:
Just got my Legion Go Thursday, shame there wasn't a 32GB version, but I'll take care of that soon, I want to practice soldering BGA chips first. I like the fact I can remove the joycons and use it as a chunky Win-tablet.

No word of the screen size for the MSI tho.

Nothing wrong with liking the claw.
Hardiman-left-arm-hand-x640.jpg

What is the point of people wanting 32gb for these devices? 16gb should be plenty given how weak these devices are.

What is the point of people wanting 32gb for these devices? 16gb should be plenty given how weak these devices are.

I don't know how the Intel parts will perform but it makes sense for the higher-end AMD APUs, especially since they aren't optimized like the Deck and have to run a full version of Windows.

Massive performance gain, look at my 32GB Legion Go mods thread.
Also since this is a Windows device, you can run RAM intensive tasks, I think Blender what some uTuber was trying.

EDIT: OK, I thought there were some performance videos of the mod...... might have been for the Ally, but still like specs.

Last edited:
Loving my ROG Ally. At first glance, The Claw looks like it should have been named The Clone.
Pretty much, I just got my Legion Go and fairly happy with it. Companies late to the game need to stand out to what's been out and matured at this point. I'm not sure if the Ultra chips or 32GB would lure much.
I picked the Go because it's pretty much a gaming Windows tablet.

Back