MSI GTX770 GAMING 2GB - Coil Whine...

Buztafen

Limp Gawd
Morning,

I've just purchased a new MSI GTX770 and noticed it has a bit of coil whine. It only happens when running games and 3D Mark tests at very high framerates (100/200+).

I could live with it but with the card being brand new should i send it back while i can and ask for a replacement? Does coil whine at high fps indicate any other problems which may occur during use?

Cheers.

It isn't unusual if you are pushing 1000+ fps for the 680/770 to exhibit some coil whine. Perfectly normal.

it happens with the vast majority of cards in the market.. I never heard any coil whine in any of my cards until ran Cloud Gate (first 3dmark test). i've tested many cards, several mobos and PSUs, from the cheaper crappy to the highest quality PSUs, all the same behavior, nothing to worry about.

Thanks for the replies, it is loudest in the first 3DMark test (Ice Storm i think) when its running 1000+ fps. I just wanted to make sure nothing was going to pop!

I'm getting about average scores too so its not affecting performance. Ive sent a query to Scan who i bought it from, will see what they say.

Back