MSI GTX 970 backplate

i dont care about the color. Already have the regular version. Wish i could take it apart from that gold and put it on mine:)

Wow, looks like us early adopters (I bought mine on launch day) of the Gaming 4G 970 got screwed! :mad:

No Promises, but we are looking into it.:)

Hearing this has made my day. I made an account just to respond to this and show my support haha.

I know the lack of a backplate has made decisions over what 970 to get a tough one for a lot of my friends that have been big MSI fans, myself included. Looking forward to a possibly an EVGA-esque sending out of backplates for early adopters that register their cards ;)

Anything new? I really like the look of msi 970, i also have msi itx mobo but lack of backplate makes me choose other gpu.

Wow, looks like us early adopters (I bought mine on launch day) of the Gaming 4G 970 got screwed! :mad:

the regular red one still has no backplate so no you didn't get screwed unless you wanted this cooper one with backplate for extra cost that really isn't worth it imo

the regular red one still has no backplate so no you didn't get screwed unless you wanted this cooper one with backplate for extra cost that really isn't worth it imo

Well i also saw the "gold" one, but it would not fit my black red build. After reading Eugene Kuo reply i was hoping they will really do version with backplate but 2 months have passed and still no info about it. Somewhere i saw the version with backplate, but it was green and MSI don't make green itx mobo (which would be even cooler than the red one :])

There are more versions with backplates in the works - as seen in my pictures from the MSI suite at CES. I also thing that the black and white version will have backplates as well

FisnVIj.jpg

RpWZlLY.jpg

Hopefully they step up their game and deliver to the end users. Most of us have been waiting a long time for one now. Every manufacture model and make should have a back plate on it. There is no reason for it not to have one. Other than the manufacture being cheap on their end. I would pay $10 more for a back plate over the original price of not getting one.

Last edited:
Back