MSI GTX 960 Gaming v. GIGABYTE GTX960 G1 Gaming

PGHammer

2[H]4U
The headline sez it all. The two cards are priced identically.

The selected card will go into an MSI Z97 G55 SLI (not due to any interest in SLI - it's the lowest-priced Z97 board available - a MicroCenter open-box special). My current GTX550Ti will either drop to backup duty or be used strictly for PhysX. The G55 has better build quality than the PC Mate I had originally chosen (which is now off-buldle-pricing) - hence when I saw the open-box G55, I chose it instead. Which 960 has the better build quality and holds overclockage better? Do both have full-size HDMI ports? (The quibble I have with the GTX550Ti is that it has a mini-HDMI port - not a full-sized one.)

I'd go gigabyte cause its the same cooler that's on the 970 and 980 thst I'm familiur with. Had back plate to keep it from sagging as well and has the same full monitor connections found on the big brother in 2 dvi,hdmi and 3 display ports.

They both have full sized hdmi connections.

Also the gigabyte uses 2 power connections (8 and 6 pin) for more power for better overclocking then the 8 pin found on the msi.

I know the msi has a silent mode where the fans won't turn on till the tempt gets so high but I doubt you will hear the fans much at all on the gigabyte even at 70%. I used the 970 version at 100% and it was not loud.

I'd go gigabyte cause its the same cooler that's on the 970 and 980 thst I'm familiur with. Had back plate to keep it from sagging as well and has the same full monitor connections found on the big brother in 2 dvi,hdmi and 3 display ports.

They both have full sized hdmi connections.

Also the gigabyte uses 2 power connections (8 and 6 pin) for more power for better overclocking then the 8 pin found on the msi.

I know the msi has a silent mode where the fans won't turn on till the tempt gets so high but I doubt you will hear the fans much at all on the gigabyte even at 70%. I used the 970 version at 100% and it was not loud.

The extra power connections does absolutely nothing for overclocking. You are power limited anyway.

Back