MSI GS70 or Razer Edge (14")

Xeneize

n00b
I've narrowed down my choices to

MSI GS70 or the Razer Edge

I really want a portable gaming laptop more than anything however I have to consider the tradeoff with such awesome offering from MSI GS70, I know it's bigger, has a better screen more memory... however it's 17".....

I have a great home desktop system for home gaming, so this will be exclusively for traveling and gaming on the go, I have the Surface Pro, but i'm getting rid of it as it just cannot run any demanding apps or even low end games....

I can live with a 17' but the Razer looks pretty awesome and ultra portable... the 8GB of RAM and lowe end panel are an acceptable trade-off , but I just cannot make up my mind....

Games I'll be playing aren't even that demanding:

- Football Manager
- OOTP Baseball
- Civ 5
- Europa 4
- Total War series
- and random games.... for high demanding games I can go to my desktop....

Anyways, I cold get the Razer with 512GB SSD or the MSI with 128GBx2 on a RAID 0 + 1GB HDD.... I pay exactly the same as I get a good discount for the Razer.

WHich one would you pick?

Have you seen the Sager NP7330?

I did, and I was seriously considering it, my only concerns with it was the 13' display with 1080p.... Not in love with that combo.... I think that would have made a killer laptop with a lower native resolution or bigger screen.

Get the razer, it's made exactly for what you are looking for, the best balance between protability and gaming. I want one.

The last Razer laptop was notorious for overheating. I don't know if the new one is any better or not, but definitely research it.

I did, and I was seriously considering it, my only concerns with it was the 13' display with 1080p.... Not in love with that combo.... I think that would have made a killer laptop with a lower native resolution or bigger screen.

The screen on the NP7330/W230ST has received excellent reviews, I actually thought it would be a selling point since you mentioned the mediocre Razer panel as being a tradeoff.

The last Razer laptop was notorious for overheating. I don't know if the new one is any better or not, but definitely research it.
The engineer in me says there's insufficient volume inside the Blade chassis to fit large enough fans and heat sinks to cool an i7 quad + GTX 765.

If I played games on my laptop and had to pick between the GS70 and the Blade I'd go with the GS70.
If I personally had to pick between the GS70 and the Blade I'd get the Blade because I've found from experience that I just don't play games on my laptop.

Back