MSI GS60 Ghost/GhostPro Owners' Lounge

I wanted the GS60 for the longest time, but I decided to wait for the GS30 that will soon be out - a very capable 13" notebook. It will have a graphics card dock but I don't want it for that because I am focused on the mobility aspect of a slim 13" notebook. I can't wait to try it out next week at CES :p

I've had my gs60 for a few days and goddamn I love this thing. I haven't had a decent PC for sooo long... I've been on this site for almost 10 years, registered back when I was into building PCs and PC gaming was my preferred choice. But the past few years put all that aside. Last year I got back into gaming with a ps3 and recently a ps4. Now being able to get back into the PC world is awesome. Especially with a system as good as this one. The multitasking capabilities of this laptop are amazing. Especially since my only PC for the past 5 years has been a decade old E- Machine desktop that I could only use for general computing and movie/music tasks.

I have no complaints with this laptop, I will say the battery life leaves something to be desired and the material picks up finger prints like a mofo but other wise I love it. The case is a little flimsy in the screen area but it doesn't bother me, I don't plan on taking this out of the house.

I did some gaming today, probably about an hour of Insurgency and heat wise it wasn't too bad. The fans definitely get loud but with headphones it's a non-issue for me. Even with good speakers I wouldn't mind it, my desktop is louder. It's only an issue if you're using the system on your lap with the laptop speakers. Temp wise it gets hot of course, but nothing extreme so far.

I know there are better rigs out there and that the 860m isn't super high end but it still impresses. I love this thing. Just ordered a 24" benq 144hz and mouse/keyboard so I can really game with it when I want to. :)

Last edited:
I meet with MSI on Monday @ CES so I will definitely update the thread with anything interesting that I find out - I am eager to test out the GS30 and GT80 - and see what the new GS 60 models will be like - I hope there is still 3K IPS panels along with 4Ks

I really want to see how the GS30 works out, considering the Alienware 13" laptop with external GPU is encountering a lot of issues with users video cards.

Hopefully MSI will have a better support for all GPUs

Just thought I would make a quick update on the temps with my GS60 4710. They are....fantastic. Hah. The CPU idle sits around 35c and has gone as low as 31c! I have a laptop cooler but it doesnt seem to do much, and those temps were seen without the cooler used. I dont really keep it cold in my house either, girlfriend usually wants the heat on ;] Just figured Id throw that out there since I read some people were wondering about the temps. Under load is very good too, hasn't ever gone over 70c from what I can see. Usually sticks around mid 60's.

Back