MSI Gaming Notebooks Named CES Award Honoree for Third Year in a Row

TheGoat Eater

[H]ard|Gawd
Since I have become a big MSI notebook fan I wanted to share this - I love my GT60 0NE :D

MSI got the CES Innovation Award for the 3 year in a row for their gaming notebooks. You may have their notebooks and not realize it as they also do whitebooks that are used by companies like Cyberpower for their Fangbook. There are also countless boutiques and customizers out their that sell customized versions of their offerings.

I personally have the GT60 0NE-403US w/ GTX 680m @ 1030/1150 (~249US same exact thing, just the # ) and love it - I use it as a desktop replacement and play a ton of BF4 on it. I am excited to be getting their newest GT60 2OD-261US w/ the 3K IPS Screen tomorrow or the next day. I will be testing it out as soon as I can and posting up my findings -> SOOOOO damn anxious for that gorgeous screen plus to put in 3 MSATA SSDs in RAID 0 and add another 16GB of RAM for a large RAM drive. So anxious its not funny since I am becoming stressed as the minutes creep by.

MSI announces that two of its products have been named as International CES Innovations 2014 Design and Engineering Award Honorees. This year, the recognition goes to the GS70 gaming notebook and "Flicker-Free" AG2712A AIO Gaming PC. This is the 3rd year in a row that gaming notebooks from MSI have received these accolades.

http://usgaming.msi.com/News/Detail/30/

Nice! They deserve it. I absolutely love my GT60-2OC-023 w/ GTX 770m. I just received it about 2 weeks ago and its an absolutely amazing machine.

Yeah - I am eager to step up to it :D I just got my Crucial M500 240GB MSATA SSDs (x3) for running RAID 0 :D :D :D ... I will be testing the crap out of it and then move to my config ( 3x raid 0 + Win7) and do testing on that. I hope to upgrade to 32GB of RAM and possibly a better CPU :/ . I will have my friend work on a custom bios for me ( unhide/unlock options) as he has done the same for the CyberPower FangBook (MSI Whitbook)

Haha, I'm glad I managed to get the message to MSI US the 3k would be under demand :)

The 780M will need similar tuning to really push native gaming.

Yeah I plan to put custom firmware on the GPU and have a friend help me with a custom bios

I wish they'd do a 3K 17" model (I'm about to go for a GT70). 3K seems like such a waste on a 15" laptop.

3k 17.3" panels are not made, it's not a choice by MSI but the screen manufacturers.

Doesn't make any difference, I was just lamenting the lack of the option. I expect a 17" 3K panel will magically appear about 5 minutes after I pick up a 1080p.

I am more interested in light boost, do any laptops support this on a fast display yet? I also wish MSI would make a laptop that is less gaudy, just plain black would be great.

Their barebone 17 inch for instance is quite under stated.

Back