MSI - Game Without Compromise Promotion

Discussion in 'HardForum Tech News' started by Kyle_Bennett, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Kyle_Bennett

Kyle_Bennett Editor-in-Chief HardOCP Staff Member

MSI has been a long-time advertiser on HardOCP, and without its support and many others, we would not still be here all these years later. So this is a blatant plug! Hey, at least we are honest about it, not something that you will find.

MSI is running a Promotion with Intel: Purchase a selected MSI Intel-based motherboard or desktop, get $180 plus software pack free! This promo runs through June 30th.

That all said, I am very much wanting to get my hands on that new MSI Threadripper board that it was showing off at Computex. TechPowerUp has some coverage on the MEG X399.

This Computex, we are on the lookout for motherboards based on Intel Z390 and upcoming AMD chipsets such as the B450, or even the Z490; but a new X399 motherboard for the Ryzen Threadripper was the last thing we expected. Imagine our shock at the sight of the MSI MEG X399 Creation. This board has the most polarizing, in-your-face design from MSI since the mid-2000s (roller-coaster heatsinks, anyone?). The board appears to be clearly wider than ATX spec, and approaching E-ATX territory.

2. TheMadHatterXxX

TheMadHatterXxX 2[H]4U

What is this...my board is an MSI z370m Gaming Pro AC and I only see H's on the list.

3. pcgeekesq

pcgeekesq [H]ard|Gawd

Holeee -- that MEG X399 is some [H]ardPRN.

For the first time since I started building PCs back in '93, I'm thinking my next build might be AMD.
    Not that I need to upgrade, mind you. But seeing a system built on this beauty at my desk ... I get [H]ard just imagining it.

KnightViper and cageymaru like this.
  4. Guarana [BAWLS]

Guarana [BAWLS] I am THAT Stupid

0 qualifying products available at Microcenter (According to the website)

5. vegeta535

vegeta535 2[H]4U

Software pack is lame anyway.

6. owcraftsman

owcraftsman Gawd

I've been using MSI motherboards near exclusively since Z77, and I've bought every chipset since from them. Their bios are well refined making overclocking a breeze. They seem to work well right out of the box with little effort. Memory compatibility is another strong suit. I've only had to RMA once and it was efficient and fast. Drivers, software, and bios updates are timely, and readily available on an easily navigated website. I generally head for the next to top tier boards like M7 or Gaming 7 boards. I have never been disappointed in performance or feature set. IMHO they make some of the better looking boards out there too. Bottom line, if you are on the fence don't hesitate to give them a shot. You won't be disappointed either.

7. Kyle_Bennett

The quality of MSI motherboards in the last 5 years has increased greatly. I even had one in my own machine not too long ago. And the next will likely be a MSI board for Threadripper.

8. Archaea

Archaea [H]ardForum Junkie

Vermintide 2 is a lot of fun actually. I haven't played the others.

9. Zion Halcyon

Zion Halcyon 2[H]4U

Do we know yet if the AMD store-mi technology is going to be included on the new threadripper boards?

10. Kyle_Bennett

I would GUESS yes.

11. Dan_D

Dan_D [H]ardOCP Motherboard Editor

Even if it isn't, the license for the basic version is cheap. It's a fuck load cheaper than a VROC key from Intel.

Tags: