MSI G33M?

Prax

n00b
Has anyone heard any info about the MSI G33M? I am interested in this G33 board because of the layout of the PCI slots. I have found the MSI info page here
But I was wondering if anyone else has anymore info on this board or when it might get released?

Normally MSI boards are reliable and stable but rarely are good OCing (at least in MicroATX)

this is so tempting, but has anybody seen or used this board?

$94!!! at Ewiz!

so cheap but can it OC?

I was going to prophecize doom, but out of curiosity, I downloaded the bios... since it uses an AMI bios this is what I can tell you...

FSB Freq: 500MHz
VCORE: 2.1375?!
VDIMM: 2.6v?!
FSB: 1.65v
Chipset: 1.65v
SB I/O: 1.65v
SB Core: 1.65v
Memory Ratio
Multi Control (Speedstep must be disabled)

It won't win any overclocking awards, because of that stupid FSB cap, but it looks like it may offer a smokin' value. Thoughtful of MSI to give everyone enough voltage to kill all of their components! :eek:

That's assuming I am working this bios editor right... first time I have really got one of the AMI editors working on a bios in a long time and I can't compare it to the actual.

That's not the point. The point is that MSI advertises "oc" options in the product description, but for whatever reason they don't include the silly corecell chip, which is found in their other oc-friendly offerings.

Those bios options look decent. Someone needs to buy it and report back!

/agree some one buy and report! :D

Also there's a foxconn board out on newegg with the g33 chipset, I'm sure it's not an o/c beast but it might be along the same lines as the MSI, a sub-100 board with moderate o/c would work perfect for me!

Course I can always put out an extra 20 for the asus but still...

Well, we know the G33 chipset has the potential to OC pretty good as the new Gigabyte and ASUS matx mobos prove. Wether or not MSI puts limits on it is a different question altogether. They may be aiming it at the HTPC crowd which typically doesnt OC as a general rule.

All I can say is we need guinea pigs and/or lemmings. Spread out, lemmings! :D

Seriously, I'm very very interested in the board, the only down side I can see is a lack internal SATA, but thats nothing huge. Some person/site needs to do a review before I drop 100 bucks on it. :p Its got decent BIOS, what I like is that its VDIMM is so high, the ASUS G33s VDIMM is limited to 2.1v :(

I would guess its a good mobo considering its from MSI. Probably fine for stock (non-overclock) set ups. The bigger question for many is how overclockable is it?

True, that is the big question.

However on many of these new Chips with multipliers of 9 and 10, you can still get good overclocks if it will do 400.

The Voltage does look better than the Asus, but currently there are no reviews.
My question is will it do 400 stable?

Well, thats the unknown. The new ECS G33 only does 335 but I'm guessing that has to do with ECS and not the chipset. We wont know till someone gets one and tests it. A lot of G33 matx mobos starting hit the street now looks like.

HOW WELL DOES IT OC????????

2.6 on Vdimm is sweet!!! I want to stay e4300 but no MATX for me with OC options and PCIE placement that I need!

What is the FSB cap. I have an e4300 and would be happy with 3Ghz on it. I know it can do roughly 3.2+ on stock :)

MSI DOT Express provides overclocking function and the best and easiest optimization of the GPU & Memory speed for the maximum performance.

This means that it HAS to be a great OCer!!! :p

Well kids, its very possible I will be the lab rat for this. I'm selling my cpu/mobo/ram/case (see sig) and probably getting this motherboard. All I have is a Pentium D 820 but...its a special cpu, so I think it'll OC fine. ;)

I will report back when I know more about moneys.

It has a much higher multi than C2D but if the Boards itself can do over 350 than it should be at most a decent enough board.

Hopefully it can do 400+ like the Gigabyte and ASUS can. :)

Well guys, I just bit the MSI bug! I bought it @ the egg for 99.00 shipped. I will get back to you all when I get it installed and check it out. I have a SilverStone Sugo SG01W on order.I also have a E6320 ,2X1GB Crucial Ballitix Tracer PC8000 88000GTS 640MB to go with it.
I should have everything up and running by the weekend. Crossing my figures on this!
Wish me luck!

Does this board have DVI or HDMI out?

I want to build a HTPC using c2d but the lack of dvi/hdmi in the intel chipsets is holding me back. You'd think DVI-I would be standard on the new G33 chipset since it can hold the analog signal as well for VGA users.

Does this board have DVI or HDMI out?

I want to build a HTPC using c2d but the lack of dvi/hdmi in the intel chipsets is holding me back. You'd think DVI-I would be standard on the new G33 chipset since it can hold the analog signal as well for VGA users.

From what I can see, nope. It has VGA though. :p

Well guys, I just bit the MSI bug! I bought it @ the egg for 99.00 shipped. I will get back to you all when I get it installed and check it out. I have a SilverStone Sugo SG01W on order.I also have a E6320 ,2X1GB Crucial Ballitix Tracer PC8000 88000GTS 640MB to go with it.
I should have everything up and running by the weekend. Crossing my figures on this!
Wish me luck!

Don/'t believe in luck but I hope for the best! It's been 3 days now and you should have it in ur hands soon!

PLEASE LET US KNOW!!!

I'll go out on a limb here and say most likely it'll get 333fsb so if you get a 9 multi chip you'll be able to hit 3GHz with it. Not a bad OC but not great neither. Just average. We'll see how wrong or right I am when someone tests it. btw...my prediction is for entertainment value only :D

The mobos that are aimed at mainstream users/gamers dont have DVI and HDMI. The HTPC mobos often do have DVI and HDMI. I'm thinking that the companies that are making the mainstream version mobos figure the user will add his or her own video card whereas the HTPC user wont want to. Marketing at work I guess. They arent gonna let people have both apparently.

I may just order one for myself. Within 24 hours I'll know if I will. Someone is asking for a build and I may just have my guinea pig! lol

Sorry everyone, I have been out of town.I received the MB yesterday. At the moment I am going thru the Bios taking pictures ect. I do not have my case yet but I am doing my best to give you guys something to go on. I have it set up on the MB box(case less). I will get back to you as soon as possible with a complete review. Hold off on your purchases!

OK guys me and my son worked on it for a little while and got pictures. I was impressed with the board to an extent, but just like most other g33 moBos the 1:1 ram divider doesn't work. Some of the other divders were not working either. The max I got to was 400Mhz fsb but I can't get to it again now. I even tried 2 different sets of ram, and i can't get to it no matter what voltages on the north bridge and vtt. I'm running around 342mhz fsb for now, since I'm on my spare set of ram as my ballistix seem to have bit the dust.

msig33bench006.jpg

msig33bench007.jpg

msig33bench008.jpg

msig33bench009.jpg

msig33bench010.jpg

msig33bench011.jpg

msig33bench012.jpg

msig33bench013.jpg

msig33bench014.jpg

msig33bench015.jpg

msig33bench016.jpg

msig33bench017.jpg

msig33bench018.jpg

msig33bench019.jpg

msig33bench029.jpg

Theres the max voltages for everything.

msig33bench022.jpg

That happened when we tried 1:1 on the memory.

msig33bench026.jpg

350mhz -- still attainable

msig33bench027.jpg

375 -- just barely attainable

msig33bench028.jpg

can't reach this anymore, i don't know what happened. I contacted msi support about a bios update, i'll post their reply here shortly. I hope this answers some questions! :):)

356 fsb on an e4300 = 3.2. More than satisfied.

I think with a few bios updates this thing will do great!!!

I think I may be in. THANKS A BUNCH!!!

You're just playing with it. I'm sure with a lil patience you can do well.

Hmmm... If you got to it once perhaps there is hope you can get to it again? Wether that be with better RAM or a BIOS update. 350ish fsb isnt bad (as far as most mATX mobos goes) but it isnt good neither (as far as DS2R/P5K-VM results go). Mediocre average overall? :(

Looks like onboard video was used.

If it was PCIE maybe it would do better? Maybe bridge was hot. Maybe a lil more V on the Bridges. I think MSI is mediocre on average but I think I'm going to bite tmrw.

Thanks again!!!

Yeah, using a seperate video card might help it. Got a PCIe card you can try on it?

I had an 8800 GTS 640mb in it during testing. The nb heatsink stayed relatively cool.

in your screen shot it shows that your internal gfx is set to primary. try disabling the internal gfx altogether.

good luck with the oc and thanks posting your results

Thxs a lot for sharing!
Voltages impressive!

Did you try lower ratio, 6x for instance! and bump the vcore?

Don't know if some e6320 have their fsb wall under 400...

Back