• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

MSI G33M-F1 Overclocking

Not surprised... What options are there in bios? MSI typically tries to limit them to nothing. Do your research before buying.
 
it has all the options. It will let me set dram. voltage to everything. i can adjust the fsb and plenty more. It was the best board my local retailer had. Good thing is if i really dont like it i can take it back.


I just looked at the gigabyte one that is raved about and it has the same options as that board. and it lets u set the ratio ( 1:1 ).
 
I have that motherboard that you have mentioned... for me, I have overclocked my Q6600 up to 3.4GHz with this motherboard using 2GB PC2-6400 RAM. I may need to get PC2-8000 memory to overclock it a bit further since I was not granted the 1:1 memory with my particular processor.


When I first got the motherboard, the BIOS was version 1.0. It have alot of setting for overclocking including the 1:1 memory ratio available... unfortunately, it would not boot up with the 1:1 ratio enable. When I updated the BIOS to version 1.1, the 1:1 ratio disappeared from the memory timing option. Reason why, and I am guessing here, is that the 1:1 memory ratio only applies to their 1333mhz FSB processors. Anandtech article talk about the feature set of the motherboard that included the memory ratio right here.

As for your overclock, the reason why it doesn't overclock too well is probably because it doesn't seem to overclock well with 800mhz FSB processors. I believe the same applies to the other G33 based chipset motherboard, such as the Gigabyte. Anandtech articles talks about it here and here.

Overall, the motherboard was a very finicky board to overclock with all those bells and whistles to play with (spend hours tweaking and slowly bumping up the setting as well as stability testing). Once you get the hang of it, it is a pretty good overclocking motherboard.
 
well my board shipped with the 1.1 bios and i still have the memory ratio. i could use some help from anyone as far as where to start with this board when i comes to overclocking.
 
Back
Top