I didn't plan on OCing much if at all, but BF3 has me wanting more power...
I don't game all day every day, so I like that fact that how the cpu throttles down when the power demands aren't there and I can see from CPUZ that alot ot times my cpu drops down to like 1.6GHz (reduces power and heat). But since I've been dipping into OCing here and there and testing things, my cpu doesn't do that anymore.
I've done a combination of things and I'm not sure how to get everything back to default.
I didn't really mess with any BIOS settings other than change the multiplier to 35. I changed it back to 33. I'm not seeing the cpu throttle down as it sits at 3.3Ghz... So it leaves me with this MSI Control Center program that has me kind of confused. I'm not sure if its on or off! How can I tell? Anyone have knowledge with this program? I like being able to just activate it on the fly and NOT go into the BIOS.
Also, IF I choose to OC what's the best method? Increase the multiplier? Increase clock speed? Increase both? Trying to keep it simple and modest for when I do game. Until then, I have to wait until SSDs and another GTX 570 come down in price a little more... haha
I don't game all day every day, so I like that fact that how the cpu throttles down when the power demands aren't there and I can see from CPUZ that alot ot times my cpu drops down to like 1.6GHz (reduces power and heat). But since I've been dipping into OCing here and there and testing things, my cpu doesn't do that anymore.
I've done a combination of things and I'm not sure how to get everything back to default.
I didn't really mess with any BIOS settings other than change the multiplier to 35. I changed it back to 33. I'm not seeing the cpu throttle down as it sits at 3.3Ghz... So it leaves me with this MSI Control Center program that has me kind of confused. I'm not sure if its on or off! How can I tell? Anyone have knowledge with this program? I like being able to just activate it on the fly and NOT go into the BIOS.
Also, IF I choose to OC what's the best method? Increase the multiplier? Increase clock speed? Increase both? Trying to keep it simple and modest for when I do game. Until then, I have to wait until SSDs and another GTX 570 come down in price a little more... haha