MSI Brings Resizable-BAR (AMD Smart Access Memory) Support To HEDT Platform, Starting With TRX40

erek

[H]F Junkie
"We don't have any specific performance metrics yet but the performance improvement would be dependent on the application. MSI has also mentioned that they aren't stopping at just AMD HEDT platforms and also could plan a release of the said feature on Intel's platforms though it's hard to say how early that would be right now.

If there is a demand for the said feature on Intel's HEDT CPU platform, then MSI may look into enabling the feature on the platform but as of right now, the BAR support for Intel HEDT boards is 'TBC'/ Stay tuned for more info when it comes to resizable-BAR support on various Intel and AMD platforms in the coming weeks."

1610374654496.png

https://wccftech.com/msi-brings-resizable-bar-amd-smart-access-memory-support-to-hedt-platform/

As a Gigabyte TRX40 owner, I wonder how long it will take industry to adopt this more widely.

As a [God willing] future RTX 3090 owner that will drop it in to the aforementioned Gigabyte board, does anyone have any numbers for the impact to performance seen on Nvidia hardware with BAR resize? I know Techspot found an average performance improvement of 3% on Radeons recently, so I am not expecting much.

Back